Question for Backyard Folks: Who does the cooking?

If it is indoors, she cooks and I clean up.

Outdoors, I run the lump and briquet devices. She runs the gasser. Then I clean up the dishes. Seems to be a theme here!

I do all of the smoking and grilling, the macaroni salad, pies, candy and other stuff. My wife does the other "normal" stuff, when she's in the kitchen I stay the hell out.

I do all of the outside cooking. The SoDT has never shown one iota of interest in cooking outside, even after I bought her a Weber Genesis Silver C.

We share inside cooking, but I seem to be the only member of the family that is capable of putting dishes in the dishwasher. The kids empty the dishwasher.

my wife is a wonderful baker!!!! but thru the years she has relinquished the majority of cooking in and out to me and she cleans the mess, which is small because I clean as I go.. As a matter of fact just tonite she told me that she and the kids are lucky because of the caliber of food that is put on the table daily!!! that made me feel really good!!! but if Im down she can definitely hold her own!!!!!

All outdoor cookery is mine and usually at least 50% of the indoor. Cathy can bake up a storm and her side dishes (when I'm Q-ing) are the best! She's scared of under cooked meat and can really overcook poultry and pork if I don't make her use a thermo.

I cooked the first 2 years of our marriage for self preservation. My wife became a good cook, but 4 years ago she had a stroke, and I do 95% of the cooking now.

I do all the outside cooking, she helps prepare things with me. Inside she cooks probably 65% of the time. I do most of the canning.

We share the indoor cooking to a certain degree... I'd say it's split 70% me and 30 % my wife. It comes to outdoors, it's 100% me. :thumb:

I do all the cooking, she does all the baking. She does most of the cleaning. I do most of the food shopping.

Perfect arrangement.

I do 99% of the cooking, inside and out. My wife takes care of cleaning (yeah, I can be messy!) the dishes. She does make an amazing lasagna and she's the resident baker.

I do all of the cooking except for the baked desserts. I used to hate shopping but it's so much easier for me to do it so I get what I need instead of trying to convey that to my wife.

She does the laundry and dishes though so it works out well.

I 'Robbed the cradle', so my wife still has to work a couple more years...

Several years ago I faced the fact that I could wait till my wife got home to fix the evening meal, or I could have it on the table when she got home.
(Thankfully she does the dishes)

Last edited:
Back