"Qualifiers" for the Royal Invitational and Jack

kapndsl said:
jeffsasmokin said:
Good information, thanks guys! From a spectators viewpoint, are there things to do between 10 and 2? Sorry, but I've never even been to one of these events - so I don't know what to expect. Are there Beer Tents set up or do we need to bring the cooler? How about concession's? Remember, I'm bringing the Wife - she likes 'Q, but she's not as fanatic as I am, so I want to keep her busy as well. I know Okeechobee very well, so if not - I can keep busy.
Jeff--plenty to do most of the time in my limited experience :lol:
BEER??? Plentiful so far :lol:
However, I just got the info for Crestview on 4-5 March. They are scheduled opposite the Al State Championships in Mobile (90 miles away) and the City will not allow booze--Period.
I wish them the best :lol:

I suggest you just go--don't think it through too hard!
Normally free or very low cost parking or entrance fee.
Cost (if any) depends on what else is going on at the site.
See what you think.

TIM
Well, that's pretty much what I had in mind - just thought I'd get some insite on it. Really looking forward to going!!!

kapndsl said:
Even Tim gets "testy" as we get close to turn-in!!

YUP :twisted: --

I call it "focused" but "testy" works :lol:

Do your "exploring" outside of the turn-in windows for sure--go have a beer or do something safer :lol:

TIM

I'll have to remember the "I call it "focused"" part. I about drove BellyBro nutz, giving him a minute by minute countdown until each turn in time, then i hit the "panic" button when the boxes weren't ready at 5 minutes til turn in. we laugh about it now, but I admit, I was a major pain in the ass, no sleep, running on coffee, nicotine and adrenaline. I couldn't have been more "focused"!!!! No, I was jacked up!!
Man, the crash came hard too!!

BRO KICK,
DF and I have settled into a nice groove for turn-in windows, at least for now. Each of us has things we prefer to do and it works out fine, most of the time. Roles are still evolving, but we have had no problem hitting the first half or middle of the window OK.

Stress level goes down with each event :lol:
But I am sure it will never go away :cry:

My personal goal in life is to find a Pork Turn-in that will score Max. All teams have the same challenge of "How in the hell do you make pulled pork pretty?". The ones I have judged were just pork piled in the container. How dull--No imagination at all! We are getting closer to great appearance scores, but not quite there yet.

TIM

Back