THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Doing some work on forum. You may experience an error when u try to post or save a setting. It's only temporary.

Nygfan2283

Good morning everyone. Figured I would show everyone how i did on my first build. I used the expaneded metal over a replacement grate with 3" stainless bolts for legs for the charcoal basket and 4- 7/8" intakes with 3 caps and one ball valve. Started with a 2" exhaust from the hole in the lid but switched to 8- 1/2" holes for exhaust as the black pipe was clumsy to deal with. You can see the old lid in the back. I did screw up and mount the thermo above the grate, but i have a maverick et732 coming so i will fix that soon. Im a function over form guy so I just kept it as simple as possible and definitely put the U in UDS! Took it for its first smoke thursday with a rack or spareribs and was very excited with the results as the food was good and the drum worked amazing. Thanks to everyone who contibuted their info n experiences as it has helped me tremendously. Here is a pic of my drum and the ribs.

Attachments

• CAM00458.jpg
    CAM00458.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 146
  • CAM00456.jpg
    CAM00456.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 146
Back