Pulled pork "fishy" flavor?

Maybe some of the pork you have bought are being fed fish meal.

Cilantro taste like stink bugs. I like cilantro, don't ask me how i know cilantro taste like stink bugs.... Lets just say i am a fan of bizarre foods.

Oh no, you brought it up. How do you know what stink bugs taste like?

On a similar note, I told my son that I thought Red Bulls and Monsters tasted like flavored urine, evoking a similar response.

Are you using the same brand of butts every time? Didn't see that asked, but maybe I missed it.

If so, I'd switch that up and keep everything else the same. See what happens.

I've cooked a lot of butts of different brands in some different ways, and I've never encountered a "fishy" taste to the meat. I've injected some with mixes including Worcestershire, and never encountered any fishy taste.

I can't taste the anchovies in straight Worcestershire sauce.

Mysterious, indeed! :p

I almost always use Smithfield Prime Reserve from Sam's, and did this past time. I have been considering switching to whatever Costco has (I believe most times I've looked it has been Swift) because I am starting to feel like the money muscle on the ones from Sam's are too small, even on a larger butt (8lb+). I think for this next test I will use them again just so that I only change one variable. Tons of people surely use the butts from Sam's so I would think that if it was the meat/brand someone else would've noticed.

Back