Proud of my First Ever KCBS Comp Results

Great Job Lee! I knew you could do it.

541676_493517840722945_1283224625_n.jpg

I have to give a shout out to Steve for helping me out in the past. I was the first student for his on-site comp class. This was invaluable in exposing me to the hectic pace of Saturday morning and the need to have a well thought out game plan. In addition his wife Leah taught me how to make turn-in boxes and I was able to teach my wife the skill.

It was funny. Lee was waving his arms around like a windmill on his way to the stage when he got turned back. He didn't care! He sat down in the back row and I was able to catch his eye and give him a thumbs up. Lee is the perfect example of a new competitor who studies his craft, practices, and then enters the comp world ready to go.

It was pretty embarrassing and the funny thing is I know that awards are not given out for overall position except GC and RGC. Must have been the 3 hours of partial sleep I had. Kit has given me inspiration to do well although he doesn't know it. I really appreciate the kind words!

Great job Lee! I was excited for you. That first time call is a real rush for sure. Now the bad news, you have been bitten by a bug and this bug leaves an itch that needs constant scratching and probably lots of money to go along with it!

Good luck out there and hope to see you at another comp soon!

Kit has given me inspiration to do well although he doesn't know it. I really appreciate the kind words!

I do now! Seriously, I love the enthusiasm. And you DID beat me in chicken, albeit by .0112 in raw score. Not that I'm counting, or looking for payback, or anything like that. :clap::razz:

Back