THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pat

is One Chatty Farker
I have a wedding next weekend for 80 people. Doing a carving station with prime rib and salmon. The bride and groom are in their 70's so the majority of guests will be in a similar age group. Trying to determine how much prime rib to cook assuming an 8oz portion. If I cook for 90 people I am estimating around 53# of uncooked prime rib assuming a 15% loss....or 45# cooked. Anyone care to weigh in on my estimates? Also, what is a good portion size of salmon to serve with the prime rib...4-5oz? Thanks for any advice available!

If the party is going to be a majority of that age group you could easily go 6 if not 4 oz of beef and 4 oz of Salmon. Most wont be able to eat that and several may not be able to eat beef. :heh:

You yield looks good. :thumb:

• Thanks
Reactions: pat
Thanks for the reply Bubba. Considering the age of the group I will take your advice and go with a 5 or 6oz portion of prime rib. That should lower my costs as well :thumb:

Yea I agree with Bubba, I work part-time at a senior living retirement residence and cook dinner there. The portion sizes are "smaller" than you would think. Our beef & fish portions range in that group of 4-6 oz. depends on some of the packaging we get. Good luck,
Scott

• Thanks
sounds like a heck of a reception. 80 70 year olds. gonna be a early nite for sure. oh, 6 oz prime ribe 4 oz salmon should work just fine. what kinda sides?

• Thanks
Thanks again everyone for the help! Gonna go 5-6oz prime and 4oz salmon.

southernstyle--We are doing a potato gratin dish and "seasonal veggies" depending on what I find Saturday.

Don't let their age fool ya, these folks know how to have a good time lol.

Back