Pricing Whole Hog?

You should look into going to the 17th Street BBQ Whole Hog Cooking Class on January 23rd. I dont know for sure but I would bet lots of what you are wanting to know will be covered.

Nice I was thinking of selling one of my stretch's to get a plat.5or 6.I really would like to do a whole hog.

I've wanted one since I took delivery of my Stretch in 2010 and I'm really close to pulling the trigger. Bonus check comes in March so hopefully in June I'll be cookin hogs.

Use the cafe method to figure your sale price. Take price per pound and multiply by raw weight to get cost of hog. ADD $2 per pound then multiply by 3 to get selling price per pound. i.e.,,,,,cost $1.65 per pound + $2.00 = $3.65 x 3 = $10.95 per pound selling price. You won't get rich but you ain't going broke either.

price the event per person. my pork supplier charges a premium for smaller hogs. up to 150lbs are a flat fee, then its per pound. last year we could get a 180lb hog for the same price as 100-150lb. one thing we learned is don't sell yourself short. its not that its really hard work but when your charging someone it has to be right meaning you better sit there and babysit that pig till its ready. just my humble opinion.

hog prices in my area are much higher than where you are, I pay 2.69 per lb. for a 100 to 115 lb. pig. so I add all the cost of supplies up double it then add 10 percent. not getting rich on it but not going in the hole either.

thats the price in maryland 249 to 269 got to take 5 @125lbs each to new york this weekend comming to cook .plus several cases of butts

Back