THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

He can "ask" any price he wants to....you can offer any price you wish. I helped a young neighbor build a 250 gallon reverse flow for a 4-H project. His dad found a freebie lp tank, a freebie section of 24"x 30" section of pipe for the fire box, plate, angle and tube drops from salvage yards. I also used scraps and drops from my place as well.

Not counting anything for equipment and freebies, the steel steel drops, cutting wheels, cutting wheels, welding rod/wire, gas, grinding supplies, paint, etc all amounted to over $1200.00 out of pocket.

If you are interested, ask him to let you see it do a full cook. If it is a good as advertised, consider your available time, build capabilities (skill, tools, facilities, etc), material resources, and liquid $$$ reserves. Then make him an offer. My guess is that a comp build will still run in the $1500-3000 range...building from scratch. I realize that is a pretty wide spread, but with out knowing how thick the steel is it is pretty hard to be specific.

Back