Price on used 500 gal offset smoker

He can "ask" any price he wants to....you can offer any price you wish. I helped a young neighbor build a 250 gallon reverse flow for a 4-H project. His dad found a freebie lp tank, a freebie section of 24"x 30" section of pipe for the fire box, plate, angle and tube drops from salvage yards. I also used scraps and drops from my place as well.

Not counting anything for equipment and freebies, the steel steel drops, cutting wheels, cutting wheels, welding rod/wire, gas, grinding supplies, paint, etc all amounted to over $1200.00 out of pocket.

If you are interested, ask him to let you see it do a full cook. If it is a good as advertised, consider your available time, build capabilities (skill, tools, facilities, etc), material resources, and liquid $$$ reserves. Then make him an offer. My guess is that a comp build will still run in the $1500-3000 range...building from scratch. I realize that is a pretty wide spread, but with out knowing how thick the steel is it is pretty hard to be specific.

Back