THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chickenbone

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey buds - just paid $ 2.39/lb for spares and $ 1.99/lb for a bone-in butt at BJ's. How do these prices rate vs. what you guys pay in your locality. I'm just south of Boston, MA. Thanks in advance for your input. :clap2:

We still see sales for butts and spares for $1.99/lb around here. Pork is still reasonable, but beef is out of sight.

Sam's case price for butts is 1.47/lb here. Spare prices are better right now at Winn Dixie @ 1.79/lb per cryo.

I work for a food distributor and we are selling butts at 1.35, shoulder is running 1.24. If you call up a local distributor you can pick up from their will call area, but secret is you get a sales rep to set up your account and then place orders through them with better pricing.

Checked this morning at the local grocer. Getting ready to cook 6-10 Butts and rib racks for friends and employees Christmas presents.

$1.79 Bone In Butts
$1.97 Spares

I may call Sams but the closest is an hour and a half away. Doubt it will be worth it.

Just called Sam's in Mobile, AL. $1.45 for Bone in Butts in the case of 8. Average weight is 70-80 pounds.

I just picked up 17lbs of bone in buts Cryovaced, at Safeway for $1.27 per, first time I have seen them at this store. Phoenix az

Appreciate the input guys, thanks. I figured that pricing would be a tad higher here in New England. Now that I know that I'm high, :mrgreen: I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for weekly specials.

Last edited:
Well looking at buying a straight hog here soon and butchering it my self. We usually just skin them . Makes it quick and easy,no more work then cleaning a deer. I priced the auction Monday and they went for 61 cents a lb. That's for top grade #1. less for sows and such.

Back