Preview: The Ultimate BBQ Showdown

I think we'll all being pulling for ya BigMista!

As far as the scheduling for the show, I think CBS really has no idea how to schedule this program since they really haven't done anything like it (one-off cooking show) before. I hope it's not their last attempt! I would love to see a Head-to-Head BBQ championship bracket show! How killer would that be?

Why does the online guide show a PGA Tournament at the 2PM EST timeslot? Has it been rescheduled?

NOTE: oops! User error! Set for 1PM CST!

My Cable system (Cablevision right out side of NYC) shows "Paid Programming" at 2pm, something called "Golf Resorts" at 2:30 then 3pm is the Golf Tournament.

Is it possible that CBS NY is not showing it? I am not a TV executive, but I know there are affiliates and different stations "can" show different programming at certain times, etc. But if CBS wants this to work, why not show it in the largest market?!?!

I am just going to set my DVR to tape from 2-3pm and we'll see what happens I guess.

My Cable system (Cablevision right out side of NYC) shows "Paid Programming" at 2pm, something called "Golf Resorts" at 2:30 then 3pm is the Golf Tournament.

Is it possible that CBS NY is not showing it? I am not a TV executive, but I know there are affiliates and different stations "can" show different programming at certain times, etc. But if CBS wants this to work, why not show it in the largest market?!?!

I am just going to set my DVR to tape from 2-3pm and we'll see what happens I guess.

My Cablevision guide says the same thing :confused:

Has anyone found this. On direct TV? If so what channel? I found it at 2 on 391. But I don't have channel 391. But a repeat comes on at 12:35am on channel 46. Remember I'm in Ga.

Has anyone found this. On direct TV? If so what channel? I found it at 2 on 391. But I don't have channel 391. But a repeat comes on at 12:35am on channel 46. Remember I'm in Ga.

I have DirecTV and will be recording on channel 58 which is our local Milwaukee CBS channel. You should be able to get CBS in your location too.

Pretty good so far....

Mista's my man...

but maybe I know why the TV guide said Paid Programming... The Kingsford product placement around the cooking site and commericals are noticeable..

Last edited:
This chanell doesn't come with my Direct Tv package. And its not on my local CBS chanel midnight. Not to happy.

Blind judging by credible judges; camaraderie, smack, techniques...:clap2::thumb: This is the BBQ show I've been waiting for

I'm dvring it right now, it has a fantastic line up, competitors & judges alike, looking forward to seeing the show tonight, over a beer or two...:thumb:

Pretty good so far....

Mista's my man...

but maybe I know why the TV guide said Paid Programming... The Kingsford product placement around the cooking site and commericals are obvious...

I don't mind the product placement since they seem to have learned that rattlesnake challenges don't cut it.:thumb:

I just spoke with Direct TV and no dice till 12:350am tonight.:tsk: I asked what's the deal and they said the channel that its showing on right now is a California based station and I can't get it till tonight. I am peveed off to say the least. If they want to spend all of this money on making a show why not air it all over the country so everyone can see it at the same time. (Smoking MOD):mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

I just watched it, and wow. I won't spoil it for those who haven't watched, but I have now become a fan of Real. Good. Meat. :-D Great job!

Back