Pre contest Jitters

As you have done it as a Pit Bi*%h, you know the ropes. It's just cooking your stuff now.
Have fun with it. I'm sure you know some people already.
Now I'll try to remember these words when I do the same later this year!!
:thumb:

I've had the "jitters" so bad this week that I am on this site all day. 1st contest this weekend, so I am climbing the walls in anticipation.

Hey man, I'm in my first comp which isn't until JULY and I'm already staring at the ceiling at night thinking about it......:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I get the jitters really bad two times per comp. First is on Friday making sure I have the right meat, getting there on time, and finding an ok spot. Then, boxing chicken is the worst part of the comp. I'm so jacked up/hungover that it is a real good test of nerves. After that, it all flows pretty well. Damn chicken for whatever reason. We have a very detailed plan that helps, even if we don't adhere to every step. More of reminders that keep us in check in case things happen, like bad weather or something. Just have fun and don't take it too seriously.

Okay Shane here we go..... Suck it up and you know the dance and will do fine. Fark if I can do what I did this week you surely can do a comp. I got your back (From STLville) Good luck Sir....

heck, i have a comp in 2 weeks and it's already keeping me up at night. in a good way mind you, but sure, i certainly get 'em.

Congrats to Shane (TXSCHUTTE) and Bill (GOTWOODNP) for their walks at the Honky Tonk BBQ Festival. Sorry if I missed someone. Please feel free to pipe up. I didn't compete. Just judged. I'll have to say it was an excellent Comp. Sonny Ashford was the Rep and did great job. Cheers!!!

Woo-Hoo, Shane got a walk!:clap:

Actually, we got two.

9th Brisket, 3rd sauce. We placed 27th of 44. Not great, but something to build on. Our goals were on time turn ins, no DQ's, no DAL's, and HAVE FUN!! We did that and more!! Thanks to Bill from Got Wood for his kindness in his offerings of help. There was one team there that really were our cheerleaders. Jeff and Lisa Naslund from Red Bandana BBQ were parked right next to us, and they pretty much gave us a boost when we needed it. BBQ Folks are the best folks in the world.

The Brethren represented today. Got Wood, The Swinestones, The Whosoevers, and more.

Congrats to Phat Jacks for the GC!!:clap:

Chris - I forgot to add a suggestion...one that I very much wish I had followed last season...

Don't end up in the ER. :thumb:

Ya. We have trouble with that one. We have had 3 people go to the ER since we started this in 2006. The last one was at the Pittsburgh Sam's Club contest last year. Joan cut herself trimming the brisket, and needed ER treatement. We got a 178 for that entry, so I am trying to talk her into repeating that process. :becky:

Congrats to the OP for getting the walk. Of course, now that you have been in a competition and gotten a call, it's only a matter of time before you have an expensive cooker and a motorhome. You have been warned! :wink:

Back