Portobello sammice pr0n

fantomlord

is Blowin Smoke!
Who says you need meat to make a good meal on the kettle (other than me, usually :biggrin1:)

Made a quick garlic and rosemary balsamic vinaigrette, and let my portobello caps and red peppers get happy for around an hour or so.
Meanwhile, I whipped up a batch of beer bread on the OTS (ala Jeanie) with some of my oatmeal stout:

Once that came off, the peppers and shrooms went on indirect for 15 mins or so, then direct for a few minutes:

Then put the sammiches together with a cream cheese and sun dried tomato spread and some fresh chives:

Quick and easy, and really good! My 5 year old tasted it and begged for it to go in his lunch for school today :cool:
What can I say...the kid's got good taste :rolleyes:

Looks tasty, I've been thinking of trying something along those lines with the big portobellos, nice cook!

KC
--this came out great--the balsamic works really well with those, and the sun dried tomatoes are a good compliment. I wish I had some fresh basil to go on it too...that finishes it off nicely :thumb:

That's wassup!!! Looks killer Matty! Oatmeal stout? No taste, didn't happen!
...sounds like you're lobbying for a cold beer or 3. swing on by, and we'll crack a few open :cool:

Back