Meat Church Texas Chili

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Purchased at Academy. Was actually going to buy Holy Voodoo. I've never sampled any Meat Church Seasoning. This was on the shelf. No sugar, salt is down the list and Chile peppers listed number 1. Not sure when, but I will report back when I do a chili cook

Sideways, apologies

Last edited:
Interested in hearing this review. I tried their Holy Voodoo and was very disappointed (the one I bought had no flavor at all--I know others have said they love it though).

Have not tried this but I have purchased several of the MC rubs and am a fan of them.

Purchased at Academy. Was actually going to buy Holy Voodoo. I've never sampled any Meat Church Seasoning. This was on the shelf. No sugar, salt is down the list and Chile peppers listed number 1. Not sure when, but I will report back when I do a chili cook

Sideways, apologies

Did you ever try Oakridge's seasonal chili seasoning? My family loved that seasoning. I'm curious if the Meat Church version is worth the purchase.

I did try Oakridge. I thought was quite good, the wife thought too warm. I'd fix small batches for myself.

I did try Oakridge. I thought was quite good, the wife thought too warm. I'd fix small batches for myself.

I agree it was potent! I cut the recommended recipe in half, but that chili flavor was unique and still shined through. I could handle the full "dose" so it sounds like I need to pay attention to your chile seasoning recommendations.

Bolner's and Williams are tame enough with nice flavor for the wife. I enhance mine with a fairly decent collection of hot sauces. Sometimes I put in the chili bowl, sometimes whatever's alongside, Fritos, crackers, pork skins.

Most MC seasonings I've had/seen are very much sugar forward. Those that aren't are pretty good.

I need to look into the chili mix.

I'd be interested if you tried SuckleBusters chili mix, which one you prefer.

Have tried other MC seasonings (thanks Frognot) but I've been buying the like 18oz SuckleBusters chili mix for like 10 years now.

But I am out, and wondering if a variation is in order

:)

I am assuming this isn't a mix, and as it says, is just a seasoning. Probably replace chili powder in a recipe.

Looking forward to your reportage, Adams!
Colder than heck here this morning. Good chili weather. :-D

Back