THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Foiling cuts into my drinkin' time. No foil, no toil. I tried foiling once, ONCE. I've made them fall off the bone without foiling too.

I think they stay plenty moist (used that word for those that are squeamish about it).
3_31_121095.jpg

People who don't use foil are losers. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbBFZstQRUY"]Popdaddys Hot and Fast Weeping Ribs Method - YouTube[/ame]

I prefer to foil mine. 275 and they are done in 4 hours. Not sure how foiling cuts into the beer drinking time. I can pull 3 racks, wrap and have them back on in less than 10 minutes. Beer never even has a chance to warm up.

Does anyone not foil their pork ribs? I typically am always cooking some form of beef and only wrap in butcher paper. The last time I did pork spares I wrapped in foil because it seems like everyone does and it ruined the bark like I knew it would. I'm cooking two slabs of spares tomorrow along with some prime beef short ribs in the morning.

Any of you guys getting good results with no wrapping on the pork ribs? I plan on cooking at 275 on the egg with a water pan

In a Green Egg, I never wrap anything. No point. In my Shirley I can see me starting to butcher paper wrap more. The air flow is 100000times the amount.

I prefer to foil mine. 275 and they are done in 4 hours. Not sure how foiling cuts into the beer drinking time. I can pull 3 racks, wrap and have them back on in less than 10 minutes. Beer never even has a chance to warm up.
I don't know how to pull that off with one hand. Wait, do you put your beer down? That don't never not no ever happen round these parts. That and I don't think I need to foil.

Back