THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Save the foil for... well - I'm not sure but save it... call it conservation so your children and their children can not use it on their ribs too. Well you get the point.

Thanks man. Spog with some ground turbinado sugar and a light dusting of chipotle pepper on one. Second one I did a layer of kosmos dirty bird, cow cover and killer bee

No foil here either, I used to but much prefer it without. Cook until they pass the bend test and they're done.

Nah, foiled ribs are horrible. Just look at these disgusting things...

Ribs_zps4902bdc1.jpg

Those look great Thoey. I think it just comes down to the slight texture difference for me when I go foil vs no foil that I like.

I don't foil anymore.. when i started i did, i think i did 3-2-1 a couple of times then realized i don't like mushy pork :) I use a Bullet without a waterpan or spritz and no foil.. 225-250 for 5ish hours and i'm a happy guy..

Well.. the people i give it all away to are happy.. i just hit 200# so no more eating the stuff i cook :( Already a giant fatass not gonna get bigger :)

P.S. sorry this thread is a few weeks old.. just ran into it doing a search..

I used to foil and do the 3.2.1 thing at 225. The ribs were good but lacked something and quite frankly 6 hours is not necessary. I have not foiled my ribs in several years. Now I cook at 275 and spritz with apple juice every 30 minutes or so. 3 hours for backs and 4 hours for spares. No mop and sauces on the table in squirt bottles.

This is exactly what I do too. Always had good results.

Back