Stuffed Pork Loin

Andreas1963

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Andreas
I'm doing a stuffed Pork Loin for my first cook on my WSM. About 4.5 pounds. Does stuffing affect final cook temperature? I was planning on cooking at 275 to 300 degrees until about 150 degrees internal. Does this sound about right? How long should I expect this cook to go? This is my family Easter dinner.

145 is done for Pork, it will carry over too. Stuffing it shouldn’t affect cooking, though you probably don’t want your IT probe resting in the stuffing. If the IT of the roast is about 40 when you put it on, that’s just a little over 100 degrees you need add and a 4.5lb Roast isn’t too large. I smoke at those temps often and I’d allow 2.5- 3 hrs at least. If you run out of time, a 350 degree Oven is your friend. Enjoy your Easter Dinner.

I agree with Curtis. It's a short cook. If your stuffing isn't more raw meat like sausage or something. Fat side up, wrapped up and rested for a good while is a good idea too, it'll be nice and juicy. Slice and eat right away, it dry's up fast once cut.

Thanks guys. I really had no idea how long this would take. Nothing worse than the relatives waiting while I try to cook the Easter roast in my new toy.
Happy Easter to you.

Back