THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sleebus.jones

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
sleebs
Had a pork loin hanging around in the fridge and no plans so I said "let's smoke it!" These always make good cuban sandwiches afterwards, and I decided to kick it up a notch with a Jamaican jerk rub. I love me some smoked jerk pork, that's for sure. I also get a chance to show off my newly-learned roast tying skilz.

Tying a roast is a skill that everyone should have in their toolbox. It allows you to shape the meat up, and get it to hold its shape so it cooks more evenly. I needed to learn it so I could hang some cured meat, but it is great for applications like this. This loin had really flattened out in the fridge, and this shaped it up nicely. This video shows you all you need to know in just a few minutes:

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFIwbUBiRSE"]How to Tie a Roast with a String - YouTube[/ame]

Ok, all jerked up and ready to go on the smoker. Look at that nice tying job. LOOK AT IT!

Just pulled off the pit. Cooked at 300 F, pulled at 145 IT (oops), was aiming for 140 F. Foiled and rested on the counter for ~1 hr.

Slicey slicey...

On da plate. This turned out SO moist. I've been getting really good results since going to the hot 'n fast side of things lately. Really exceeded my expectations. Looking forward to Cuban sandwiches tomorrow...and I'll be using my homemade Canadian bacon on 'em.

One word YUM Thanks for the video Love Cuban sammies

No problem. Always good to pass on some learnings...even better when the results are great and it's easy. I'll be tying every roast from here on out. I think this will be particularly helpful for pork tenderloin as they have a tendency to really flatten out.

Back