please critique pulled pork

I read no other responses, just looked at the picture. 5. It's not appealing, at all to me and looks like very little time was spent on it.

chrome, this is a tough group and hope you realize you got some honest opionions. Competition bbq is just what it say...it's competition and the standards are high. My impression is a 6 is appropriate. The judges that score 8 on appearance is a real puzzle to me. They are the ones out of line IMO. Definately way more meat in the box. It's a meat competition so give them meat. Hey bro, we all live with the weird judging scores and go on. Good luck on the next event.

Folks, Thank you for your opinions. I jumped in to competition last year with both feet and no experience. I always do well on flavor and texture. As you can see from the photo, we do not do well in appearance. I started out using a parsley garnish last year and saw quite a few calls for those that use lettuce. I think our boxes look better with parsley. This was a first attempt using lettuce, and probably a last. I always thought the boxes with a lot of meat looked really busy but I guess we do want to focus on the meat. I have been studying the "money muscle" and trying to learn more about it. The next contest in July, will have parsely garnish and MORE MEAT! Thank you so much to those that took time to give me feedback and critique my box.

Last edited:
Back