THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Delivery! I dig it. :thumb:

SxCp3eph.jpg

Oh and stay tuned. :cool:

a25ulNlh.jpg

Oops, didn't mean to repost the whole thing.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No worries! Thanks Rooster. A lot of fun giving them a quick crash course, especially when I felt genuine interest and enthusiasm. Good to see have you back. :thumb:

A friend is getting his hands on some Elk. I has no clue how to cook it. He loved my recent brisket from the PBC so he wants me to sort this elk out. any ideas?

A friend is getting his hands on some Elk. I has no clue how to cook it. He loved my recent brisket from the PBC so he wants me to sort this elk out. any ideas?

Elk is lean so you may want to throw the grate on and grill it.

Some elk chops I did

upload_-1

upload_-1

I have one. Afraid to use it I love it so. I actually drink coffee from another cup (with all the nicks) and simply stare at it. You got the coozie?

I received my mugs today.....They are cool! Gotta say thanks to badbob for confirming (more than once:becky:) that they will in fact hold 10oz of liquid. I have a Keurig and always use the 10 oz setting for my coffee. Bob was a good sport even though he was probably cussing me while he was measuring out 10 oz of water....twice...lol.

The PBC site says they hold 8.5 oz so I almost cancelled my order....As you can see in the pics it'll definitely hold 10 oz, but that's about it!

Thanks again badbob! :thumb:

Oh the last picture is what the front of my house looked like today......

I've got a couple of coozie's on order ( along with some mugs and a new fire basket ) I'll report back when I test em out

Seems like I've seen a few posts lately with folks saying they bought a new coal basket. Are you guys having issues with your original baskets?

Yeah the mesh is sagging down to the ash catcher. My PBC is from the original Kingsford sale , so I guess it's about as old as it gets.

Ah, that makes sense. Those expanded metal bottoms didn't seem as sturdy as the newer models. My first PBC was a Craigslist purchase and was a gen 1. I liked it so much that I decided I wanted the new porcelain coated one with military logos so I sold it and bought my current PBC. The first post in this thread has a picture of my first one. I only had it a couple months...

Seems like I've seen a few posts lately with folks saying they bought a new coal basket. Are you guys having issues with your original baskets?

FWIW, I've had the mesh with my OG PBC and have the new basket and they both sagged but still going strong. Not really experiencing any issues. 'Bout to break out the new ash pan to use from the PBC TD win since I wore out the Wally World Pizza Pan. :becky:

Back