THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

21234rick

Full Fledged Farker
Her is today's cook....Pineapple/Hot Pepper burgers.

Tonight, my wife said "I want burgers for dinner". i though to myself...."How can I make this simple request a massive overload of work?" :loco:

So her we go. I started by making candied jalapenos. Basically just boiling sugar, vinegar, and jalapenos. But since my poor little Hungarian wax pepper plant had a couple of ripe peppers, I threw those in too.
48225289296_ff49f252e2_c.jpg

I then mixed some homemade habanero hot sauce with honey, sliced a fresh pineapple slice, cooked some homemade bacon, and julianned some red pepper...
48225289091_e39c88b1ce_c.jpg

To the grill we go....
I grilled the fresh pineapple direct for some color then cooked indirect with regular basting with the hot sauce/honey mixture.
48225346967_ae20680068_c.jpg

Grilled the burgers then covered with provolone
48225346877_69e5e79b34_c.jpg

Here it is all put together. Looks much harder than a simple cheese burger, huh? :clap:
48225288571_29b87de224_c.jpg

Thanks for looking. over all this was a little too sweet for me. If I do it again I would drop the candied peppers for fresh jalapenos. But the basted pineapple slice was killer!

Nice!! :thumb: That is one of the tastiest looking burgers I have seen on here in a while. Hope it tasted as good as it looked.

Back