***Pictures Fixed!*** Picking up a new Mak 2 Star General tomorrow

I'm in West Linn and no idea they were local.

You want the WHOLE story (I could write a short story about this)?Here is the short version.

MAK's reputation (barely a negative thing to ever be said about them-that I could find on the internet-and people rave about their customer service), quality build, ease of use and American Made in my back yard!

Not a lot of BBQ nuts or Brethren in my part of the world so I have to rely on the forums. That's why I joined the Brethren, to give back by sharing my experience to hopefully help others like you all helped me.

I justified the money (and believe me, it took a while with Rec Tec and a few other quality PG's out there for so much less, plus I gave up getting a stick burner too because the MAK ate my entire budget) this way. I saw a CL ad for a 2 year old Rec Tec 680 with all the add ons listed $600 and paid $2k. I have to believe a used MAK would do way better (if I ever saw one for sale-hum, must be a reason for that) and if not, I'm at least supporting local people and I have a kick ass machine in my possession to play with.

Congratulations on the new grill. It looks very nice. If I ever decide to join the Pellet grill world, it will probably be a Mak.

They definitely are more convenient and easy to use without much planning. They do have the tech and mechanical piece which can be problematic. I look forward to getting my first offset and learning all the ins and outs and what-have-yous.

I'm in West Linn and no idea they were local.

Yep, just west of Salem 20 minutes. You get that Tejas new? I saw on a thread somewhere someone nearby found a used one on the coast last year. Almost bought one instead of the MAK when they offered free shipping on black Friday.

I picked it up last year in Olympia. It wasn't in great shape but I put a lot of work into restoring it. Still need to paint the outside. Cooks really well but I will probably sell it in the spring so I can get something bigger.

Yep, just west of Salem 20 minutes. You get that Tejas new? I saw on a thread somewhere someone nearby found a used one on the coast last year. Almost bought one instead of the MAK when they offered free shipping on black Friday.

Back