***Pictures Fixed!*** Picking up a new Mak 2 Star General tomorrow

Mod Note:

The picture links are fixed!

Last edited:
Great pictures! Thanks for your patience in figuring it out!

Really nice!. It is always fun to pick it up directly from the guys who made it. I think you will enjoy it for many years to come.

I have ZERO desire to ever own a pellet grill. But if I did, it would probably be a MAK.

Instead I am saving up for an LSG Santa Maria grill or something similar.

Really nice!. It is always fun to pick it up directly from the guys who made it. I think you will enjoy it for many years to come.

Thanks Smoking Cajun. It sure was, I'd been dreaming about it for the last year! Only chance I'll get to do it since there aren't any offset builders anywhere near me.

nice pictures ... waiting for the cook .... almost makes me want to trade for a MAK

It was pretty stingy on pellets over a 36 degree night. I filled the 20 pound hopper 1/2 inch below the rim and a lot were left after 10 hours.

pellets-left-after-overnight-cook.jpg

9rW36bgf

Glad you guys were able to get the pics squared away... LOVE IT! And that first cook... oh my!! Looks like you are in for many many years of good cookin’ and eatin’ :)

I also have a 2 Star and have found it to be one of my all time favorite cookers, and I’ve had my fair share...lol. Curious, out of all of the various makes/models of pellet grills on the market, what was it about the MAK that won you over?

Glad you guys were able to get the pics squared away... LOVE IT! And that first cook... oh my!! Looks like you are in for many many years of good cookin’ and eatin’ :)

I also have a 2 Star and have found it to be one of my all time favorite cookers, and I’ve had my fair share...lol. Curious, out of all of the various makes/models of pellet grills on the market, what was it about the MAK that won you over?

You want the WHOLE story (I could write a short story about this)?Here is the short version.

MAK's reputation (barely a negative thing to ever be said about them-that I could find on the internet-and people rave about their customer service), quality build, ease of use and American Made in my back yard!

Not a lot of BBQ nuts or Brethren in my part of the world so I have to rely on the forums. That's why I joined the Brethren, to give back by sharing my experience to hopefully help others like you all helped me.

I justified the money (and believe me, it took a while with Rec Tec and a few other quality PG's out there for so much less, plus I gave up getting a stick burner too because the MAK ate my entire budget) this way. I saw a CL ad for a 2 year old Rec Tec 680 with all the add ons listed $600 and paid $2k. I have to believe a used MAK would do way better (if I ever saw one for sale-hum, must be a reason for that) and if not, I'm at least supporting local people and I have a kick ass machine in my possession to play with.

Back