THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome and thanks for adopting a child. I think that is one of the most honorable things a family can do. Kids dont deserve to live in a danged foster home or other places. They all deseve a great family to love and nuture them. God bless you and the rest of you family for having the intestinal fortitude for what your doing. My thoughts and prayers are out to you all.

Mike

Great News

We received good news on Christian's adoption this morning. Making a long story short, it looks like the birth mother wants to sign over her parental rights to us. We've been asked to meet with the attorneys, the state agency, and her next Tuesday at Family Court. We don't know how fast this will be resolved officially by the court, but it could be very quick. Our original court date is two months away, so this is very good news to have this done by Christmas. We can pass GO and collect our baby!

We've always said that we aren't here to take kids away from people. We are here as a home for them if they need one. Christian needs one.

He is doing SO well here that it would be a tragedy if he didn't stay here forever. He's even starting to recognize a little bit of spanish and sign language. Pretty cool what they can learn.

Yakfishingfool said:
which one is Christian??? Great to be adopting. so many needy kids and so few loving parents. Great job. Scott

Christian is the younger, lighter skin one. Michael is 100% african american (as far as we know). Christian is hispanic, white, black, and native american. So lucky to have so many rich heritages. I'm just a boring ol' WASP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back