Phubar's Lowland Smokers @ World Barbecue Championship 2011 in Gronau,Germany...Pron

Phub, what an amazing photo journal of that event. Thanks to all the contributors. You all, across the Pond, have a lot to be proud of.

From what I can see, the food, cooking enovation, event infrastructure and enthusiasm of the croud, are as good or better than anything we can put together over here. And the attitude of Brethren "Brotherhood" that Phil worked hard to instill, is represented really well. Glad your part of what makes this fourm what it is and why we attract so many new people.

The teams have to make 11 portions per category, they put 6 of those in blind boxes, 1 on a plate to show the public and 4 plates for table guests.
4 blind boxes go to the Judges tent for the blind tasting and 2 judges will go out to the team as their guests and will eat at their table together with the 4 table guests.

Points were for presentation, taste, tenderness etc. and if you are a table judge you also give points for the team's area, entertainment, etc. those points go towards the Fun trophee for most entertaining team.

As a judge you can pick up a ballot which has the teams name and you go there to judge, afterwards you go back to the tent and judge whatever blind box is available, I ended up judging about 3 entries per category.

:becky:

A liter of beer in my backpockets.
SmokeMaster1 gots some more up his sleeve!:cool:

IMG_4669.jpg

The only way to travel! :becky:

Back