THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ribs, chicken, and beer for the main course. Sides are gonna be taters and some fresh corn on the grill.

I'm getting ready to up two butts on the EGG under the watchful eye of my Generic Computer control for the evening........If i can find the farking camera I'll take some pron.

Doin a beer butt chicken tomorrow(actually beer, vinegar, and some spices). Also a chuckie for slicing. Just got the chicken marinating in apple juice and italian dressing marinade, and put the chuckie in some cherry cola with a bit of white vinegar, black pepper and onion powder to marinade.

Brined a pork loin in Apple/Cherry juice with salt and brown sugar overnight. Rinsed and rubbed with Big Bob Gibson's. Smoked him up this morning with Apple wood. Took it out at 150* (overshot my target of 145*) Looks a little dry:

DSCF0512.jpg

But looks can be deceiving :becky:

DSCF0516.jpg

I only sliced enough for lunch. The rest will be for Pork Loin sliders at our block party Tuesday evening.

I did pulled pork for 80 at my church's summer picnic today. Huge hit. Made some of my best pork ever! The compliments kept coming and got embarrassing after a while. Then one lady told me, with this adoring look on her face, that I could single handedly put the local BBQ joint out of business. That one felt good. I've never liked their BBQ.

Dont ya love it when people taste your BBQ and then they get this look on their face. Kinda like they zone out while chewing. And then they ask: What did you do? How did you... What are you doing different? I love it!!!

I also did 12 thighs using our (Cat Sass BBQ) new technique. I wanted some feedback. Another huge hit from people who dont normally like thighs.

Thanks to Phil and the BBQ Brethren for taking a chicken griller in Goochland and making him a BBQ Pitmaster-in-training.

Back