THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the MAKs? They look very... gas grill to me.
I know this doesn't really matter but I am struggling with them visually.

Am I the only one who doesn't like the look of the MAKs? They look very... gas grill to me.

I hear what you're saying, however I believe MAKs are made by a sheet metal company. They know their sheet metal and want it to be seen and appreciated.
Now back to our program...

Nope, you’re not the only one. I didn’t like the look when I first saw them either. They’ve grown on me to the point I really like the look now... but still like Yoder the best out of all the pellet grills on the market from a “looks” standpoint. That said, I have seen guys buy MAK’s based purely on reputation that did not like the aesthetics. I have seen some of those same guys also make mention that they were amazed at how much nicer the MAK’s look in person. To each their own I suppose :)

The YS640 on a comp cart looks awesome! With the new controller, it’s supposed to be even better. I don’t think you can go wrong with any of the choices here. If the Yoder was stainless, I would’ve bought one. My MAK has been great! It just cooks.

I like the look of the Pitts and Spitts. That stainless roll top is pretty sweet. You should at least have a look.

I really think I have to wait for the lone star grillz pellet smoker to come out. I have been told late summer/early fall. I really liked the quality of the ivs they made me a few years back.
Reading the description it sounds pretty good to me.

They are indeed pretty utilitarian. Cookshacks aren't pretty either. Both are top tier cookers. I think it's funny that Weber took some pretty obvious inspiration from Mak and then gussied it up a bit.

They are indeed pretty utilitarian. Cookshacks aren't pretty either. Both are top tier cookers. I think it's funny that Weber took some pretty obvious inspiration from Mak and then gussied it up a bit.
If I didn't have a 1 Star which to me doesn't look like any other grill on the market especially a gasser, I'd own a PG 500. They don't look as cool as the Yoder with comp cart, but utility and performance wise they look fantastic to me.

Matters to me. That's why I bought the 1 Star.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Hello. This is my first post on this forum. I am pleased that the first thread I've read is asking some of the same questions I have.
I have read about several pellet smoker/grills. I see that the GMG controller is 110V/12V and understand that concept. Just not sure if that is something I would need.
The RECTEC 590 looks like it will fit my needs but the GMG DB is less costly.
Any further info will be greatly appreciated.

A buddy of mine just got the Camp Chef Woodwind WiFi 24” with the sear box attachment and is very happy with it. Can’t say I’m not envious! Might be worth a look

Another vote for the RecTec Bull, solid build, great warranty, best value for features and money, and it cooks awesome. Long as everyone is posting a pic.....

I don’t know...I just love a big, solid counterweight on mine for that big heavy lid with insulator. :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 0F10D40A-0CF8-480B-B570-1AD00EAF4698.jpg
    0F10D40A-0CF8-480B-B570-1AD00EAF4698.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 105
Back