THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQfirefighter148

Knows what a fatty is.
Just picked up rec tec RT-590. I use to use cookin pellets perfect mix but I have noticed a glue like smell odd colored smoke on start up and mostly saw dust in bag. I’m looking for a recommendation on a new brand to use with rec tec

Like Pit Boss cherry blend. Then again, only use a half cup per smoke with the Ninja Woodfire.

+1 for Lumberjack. It is available locally in my area and I have no complaints. I normally use the 100% hickory, but they come in several different wood species and blends.

I've used primarily lumberjack, but have also burned through a dozen or so Bear Mountain that I've picked up in 2-for-1 sales. I tend to find that Lumberjack provides better smelling smoke and flavor than the Beam Mountain. I also see more ash when I use Beam Mountain, but there is a lot of variation from bag to bag. I expect this is to be expected as trees are not the same and different parts of trees from which they get the pellets are not the same. I generally like the LJ Hickory and Cherry the most, but the last bag of cherry produced more ash than I would have liked.

I've used primarily lumberjack, but have also burned through a dozen or so Bear Mountain that I've picked up in 2-for-1 sales. I tend to find that Lumberjack provides better smelling smoke and flavor than the Beam Mountain. I also see more ash when I use Beam Mountain, but there is a lot of variation from bag to bag.

I’ll echo everything said above. I like Bear Mountain alright, but Lumberjack is a good bit better all around in my opinion.

Lumber Jack and don't overlook Kingsford, it seems to give good smoke at a little higher temps than some of the others. the down side is it costs more. They are 100% the wood type it sez on the bag, deceptive selling by some will have you think your using 1 type of wood when that's a lie.

Back