THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I want to give another plug for GMG. I've had mine for 2 years now and love it. Never had an issue w smoke flavor. I use the GMG pellets, but I am also a 5 min drive from our local distributor so that helps. They just came out with a straight apple that I enjoy. Their mixed fruit woods blend is also good.

Not a lot of Pitts guys around here... which is kind of surprising. Let’s see some pics of it. I love the looks of the PS poopers.

How do you like it compared to stick burning? Just curious :)

Honestly, I don't notice a big difference at all. But I was usually burning the wood down anyway before putting it into the Firebox. Also spent a lot of time using an upright Drum smoker, with a mix of charcoal and wood and I don't notice much of a flavor difference between that either. As much as I like to sit around and burn wood and drink beer like the next guy, the convenience of pellets is hard to beat. 10 years ago I would have scoffed at a pellet smoker, but I really enjoy using it.

Attachments

Honestly, I don't notice a big difference at all. But I was usually burning the wood down anyway before putting it into the Firebox. Also spent a lot of time using an upright Drum smoker, with a mix of charcoal and wood and I don't notice much of a flavor difference between that either. As much as I like to sit around and burn wood and drink beer like the next guy, the convenience of pellets is hard to beat. 10 years ago I would have scoffed at a pellet smoker, but I really enjoy using it.
Where is CC Texas? Is that Copperas Cove?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love it! I was totally caught off guard about 4 years ago when I bought an old used MAK pellet grill. Did not at all expect to fall in love with pellet cooking! :)

I bought a GMG Davy Crockett to try out and it really spoiled me with the ease of cooking and wifi. After seeing all of the brickseek sales, I got a Pitboss Copperhead 5 and put a rectec controller in it to have wifi. I enjoy using them.

Back