Pellet Pooper Recs and pellets

I want to give another plug for GMG. I've had mine for 2 years now and love it. Never had an issue w smoke flavor. I use the GMG pellets, but I am also a 5 min drive from our local distributor so that helps. They just came out with a straight apple that I enjoy. Their mixed fruit woods blend is also good.

Not a lot of Pitts guys around here... which is kind of surprising. Let’s see some pics of it. I love the looks of the PS poopers.

How do you like it compared to stick burning? Just curious :)

Honestly, I don't notice a big difference at all. But I was usually burning the wood down anyway before putting it into the Firebox. Also spent a lot of time using an upright Drum smoker, with a mix of charcoal and wood and I don't notice much of a flavor difference between that either. As much as I like to sit around and burn wood and drink beer like the next guy, the convenience of pellets is hard to beat. 10 years ago I would have scoffed at a pellet smoker, but I really enjoy using it.

Attachments

• 20191006_175432.jpg
    20191006_175432.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 100
  • 20191006_182943.jpg
    20191006_182943.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 100
Honestly, I don't notice a big difference at all. But I was usually burning the wood down anyway before putting it into the Firebox. Also spent a lot of time using an upright Drum smoker, with a mix of charcoal and wood and I don't notice much of a flavor difference between that either. As much as I like to sit around and burn wood and drink beer like the next guy, the convenience of pellets is hard to beat. 10 years ago I would have scoffed at a pellet smoker, but I really enjoy using it.
Where is CC Texas? Is that Copperas Cove?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Love it! I was totally caught off guard about 4 years ago when I bought an old used MAK pellet grill. Did not at all expect to fall in love with pellet cooking! :)

I bought a GMG Davy Crockett to try out and it really spoiled me with the ease of cooking and wifi. After seeing all of the brickseek sales, I got a Pitboss Copperhead 5 and put a rectec controller in it to have wifi. I enjoy using them.

Corpus Christi, although I do know the Copperas Cove area From when I was stationed at Fort Hood a long time ago.

Back