THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks folks...it was pretty tasty too! :p I wish I had a slicer that would have sliced it deli thin though. It is NOT tender like brisket as it was cured...super-thin slices are the way to go...and lots of them! :biggrin:

Thanks folks...it was pretty tasty too! :p I wish I had a slicer that would have sliced it deli thin though. It is NOT tender like brisket as it was cured...super-thin slices are the way to go...and lots of them! :biggrin:

Without a slicer, you could probably take the internal temp up higher and let it get more tender. That's what I usually do. One day Mrs. Crüe might let me buy a slicer. :roll:

JD, I have a food slicer I use to slice my beef jerky meat with:

chefs-choice-food-slicer-610.jpg

Ashmont tells me that you just go out and buy one, then us it to justify the unauthorized purchase as a money saving move.

Without a slicer, you could probably take the internal temp up higher and let it get more tender. That's what I usually do. One day Mrs. Crüe might let me buy a slicer. :roll:

Great idea...thanks man! :p I was thinkin' about it...but just wanted to follow the recipe first time around. :cool:

Wow. Pastrami is next on my list... Just moved it from not-even-on-the-radar to pole position! Incredible looking!

@ 165* did it turn out tender enough so that it wasn't too chewy?

Crue - what temp do you let yours hit?

Crue - what temp do you let yours hit?

I usually just cook it like I do any other brisket. Until it's probe tender. It is overcooked by most pastrami recipes, but I don't have a slicer. Our Sysco rep has a nice commercial slicer I'm going to see about borrowing. If so, I'm loading the freezer down.

Back