THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I keep hearing about taking it to 160˚, chilling it, then steaming it to 200˚.

Might have to try that...I have made a lot of them but always take it out arund 165 area then steam it and slice it....

I've not done pastrami YET, but I'm a bit confused. Doesn't wrapping in foil "steam" the meat? Is there a different way to steam the pastrami? I've heard of steaming it as mentioned above, but I assumed wrapping it would do the trick. Is that NOT the preferred method?

By the way, laveen1......YOURS LOOKS BANGIN!!! :thumb:

I tried this last year, soaking the point before to remove the salt and it ended up so salty I was drinking water all evening and night.

Well I just put a 6+ lb flat in the frig to thaw. I'll see if it looks as good or sounds as good as your point. :thumb: That's a few day away though.

I've not done pastrami YET, but I'm a bit confused. Doesn't wrapping in foil "steam" the meat? Is there a different way to steam the pastrami? I've heard of steaming it as mentioned above, but I assumed wrapping it would do the trick. Is that NOT the preferred method?

By the way, laveen1......YOURS LOOKS BANGIN!!! :thumb:

Pressure cooker!

And laveen1, nice pastrami, I think I can taste it from here :icon_smile_tongue:

Pressure cooker!

And laveen1, nice pastrami, I think I can taste it from here :icon_smile_tongue:

+1

always a point... soaked..then slow smoked until 160 IT...pressure cooked for 30 min...DEVINE!!!!

I tried this last year, soaking the point before to remove the salt and it ended up so salty I was drinking water all evening and night.
I've had great luck with a few pre-corned points and I soak mine for a couple hours and I've never had one be too salty. I've even just rinsed it for a few minutes and it came out good, although you didn't need to salt the meat for sure, but not overly salty at all. Maybe you need to try a different brand of pre-corned beef?

And great looking Pastrami! You do yours almost exactly the way I do mine, I have had much better luck foiling instead of smoking to 165 and then pressure cooking it. Turns out much juicier. Makes me wanna pull the one I have in the fridge out and get it to smoking so I can have me a kraut and pastrami sandwich tomorrow!

Really good looking cook. I started a pastrami 2 weeks before St Paddy's day with a 5 lb deckle point and then corned it, dry aged it and finally smoked it until it reached IT of 170. Wrapped it and rested it, took a big hunk off the end of the tip to eat, because I couldn't wait any more then threw in the fridge. I sliced the rst this week and put it into my food saver bags and I am good for a while! Thanks your cook looks awesome!

That looks delicious! I love pastrami. I gotta try this some time. Great idea!

That's "slap yo' mama" good-looking! How did you manage to take such a small "sample" slice before dinner?:clap::thumb::hungry:

Back