THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

lunchman

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Dom
I had both the Keg and the Goldens' active yesterday, the Goldens' for the Smashburgers, the Bubba Keg for Pastrami. About a 7 hour smoke, even though I had the vents open a smidge (official bbq term), I was having problems getting the temps under 275 or so. I still have some sealing to do after the rebuild but this was a good test for a low n slow.

My rub is from amazingribs.com, I've never deviated from it and it's always done me right.

Keg coming up to temp -

Brisket out on the Bubba Keg -

After a number of hours -

Quite a bit of lump left in the Keg. One thing it's always excelled at is low n slow and being miserly with lump usage -

Slicing for today's lunch -

Warming in the cast iron -

Pastrami sandwich with Mustard and Swiss, not a bad lunch! -

Thanks for checking out this cook!

Regards,
-lunchman

Looks good! Did you start with a store bought corned beef? Did you soak it at all?

Store bought Corned Beef, Friedrich's I think. I've never soaked it, never felt I needed to do so and it's always turned out great. Someday I may follow Meathead's recipe exactly re: the brine to see if it makes a difference.

This is the "close to Katz's" recipe, has always been good.

Back