Party of 60, number of servings?

If you are going to sauce your chicken, here's what I do...

Cook quarters, cut into drums & thighs, pour generous amount of sauce in one end of an aluminum pan or hotel pan, place a few pieces at a time in the sauce, coat, and move to other end of pan. Add more sauce as needed.

Works better than brushing and everything stays in the pan. All you have to clean is a set of tongs. No BBQ sauce all over your pit.
That's a pretty good idea for that many pieces.

Be sure to let us know on the feedback from your client.
Will do. I'll find out tomorrow at work how well they liked the food. I live pretty close to the hospital and I didn't see or hear any increased ambulance activity, so I'll take that to be a good sign. :-D

Well the verdict is in..., apparently the food was a big hit, especially the pork. That's a big relief to me because I was starting to get a little nervous waiting for feedback. I thought that everything tasted great but the customer and guests have the final say. Thankfully they agreed with me. :-D
This was a win - win situation for me because in the process of cooking for this event, I came across a rub and sauce combo that I want to use at the New Holland contest in a few weeks. We finished 35th out of 47 teams in pork at Yardley a little while ago and it was very disappointing. Cost us a top 10 overall finish too. I wasn't happy with the flavor of our entry but it was one of those "cooking for the judges, not yourself" kind of things. This time I think things will be different (hopefully :wink: ).
Anyway, thanks again for the tips.

Well the verdict is in..., apparently the food was a big hit, especially the pork. That's a big relief to me because I was starting to get a little nervous waiting for feedback. I thought that everything tasted great but the customer and guests have the final say. Thankfully they agreed with me. :-D
This was a win - win situation for me because in the process of cooking for this event, I came across a rub and sauce combo that I want to use at the New Holland contest in a few weeks. We finished 35th out of 47 teams in pork at Yardley a little while ago and it was very disappointing. Cost us a top 10 overall finish too. I wasn't happy with the flavor of our entry but it was one of those "cooking for the judges, not yourself" kind of things. This time I think things will be different (hopefully :wink: ).
Anyway, thanks again for the tips.

You are welcome!:biggrin:

Back