Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Palmerton PA, Oct 9, 2010 Rock'n Ribfest

OK, keep me posted. I dropped the idea last night and looked at some hotels.

Check out Mooney's for lodging, small place off the beaten path very clean and reasonable. Larger hotels may be booked solid.

OK, I'm coming. Looks like I'll bring the family and am booking a room nearby for Friday night then may stay Saturday as well so we're not rushed getting home. The 5 hour trip home from Seaside Heights Sunday night was too much.

Let me know when ya'll know turn-in times, garnish rules, box rules and anything else worthwhile. Chili doesn't count towards GC does it?

Chili, doesn't counttowards the GC, and the cooks packet will be going out this evening.

We will be hanging out all weekend as well.
Feel free to bring your equipment over to the mountain on friday night.

Dana
OK, I'm coming. Looks like I'll bring the family and am booking a room nearby for Friday night then may stay Saturday as well so we're not rushed getting home. The 5 hour trip home from Seaside Heights Sunday night was too much.

Let me know when ya'll know turn-in times, garnish rules, box rules and anything else worthwhile. Chili doesn't count towards GC does it?

Ok…things have really stirred up in the past 2 days. Here is an updated list of teams that we have so far. Teams with a * are ones that have not sent in an Application, $100 entry fee or both. We are really pushing for 20 teams here and we have a week to do so. Come on Ya’ll, get those apps in…..

Easy Pickens BBQ
Hogs Gone Wild
Red Lion
Smoke My Meat
Jacked Up
Mr. Bobo's *
Blind Pig
Christmas City BBQ *
What What BBQ
Porter Mac's Rockin' BBQ
Q-Haven *
One Eye Bandit
Foo Que
Hog Feathers
Smoke In Da Eye *
R2 BQ *

you got room for my stuff in that trailer? one of the issues im having is that i am getting rid of the van

I should. Will probably take some of the cookers out. The biggest problem though is that you'd be in the car with the three kids for the whole ride and it can get hairy. I'm hoping to leave around 3ish on Friday.

Now I got to see if WATG George can bring me his lucky chili pot to borrow.

I should. Will probably take some of the cookers out. The biggest problem though is that you'd be in the car with the three kids for the whole ride and it can get hairy. I'm hoping to leave around 3ish on Friday.

Now I got to see if WATG George can bring me his lucky chili pot to borrow.

which george is coming?

Clint,
Here is a peak at some of the rules and turn in times....

EVENT SCHEDULE

6:00 AM: Gates open and meat inspection begins
7:00 AM: Cook’s breakfast of bagels, cream cheese, coffee, tea, etc.
8:00 AM: Cook’s meeting in the Adventure Center. A rep from each team must be present.
9:00 AM: All vehicles must be removed from the contest site.
11:00 AM: Judge’s meeting in the Adventure Center.
12:00 PM: People’s Choice Chili Smack-down contest opens (Chili contest is optional.)
1:00 PM: Steak Turn-in
1:30 PM: Pork Ribs turn-in
2:00 PM: Chef’s Choice turn-in
3:00 PM: People’s Choice Chili Smack-down contest voting ends.
5:00 PM: Award Ceremony

Blue Mountain Rockn’ Ribfest Categories:

1. Beef Steak: Beef Steak is defined as any cut of beef from that is considered part of the bovine family. Garnish is open. Anything goes, as long as it is edible. Stuffing or wrapping are not aloud. This category is to be judged on the quality, texture, taste and cooking of the meat itself.

2. Pork Ribs: Ribs are defined as; Baby back ribs (a.k.a. back ribs, a.k.a. baby backs, a.k.a. loin back ribs, a.k.a. loin ribs, a.k.a. Canadian back ribs)or Spare Ribs.
6 separate and identifiable pieces must be submitted to the judges. Rib meat must be submitted on the bone.

GARNISH – Parsley or Green Leaf Lettuce is the only garnish aloud. We will follow KCBS Garnish Rules NO STUFFING allowed in this category. Entry may not be wrapped with another item, (i.e. meat or pastry dough). Sauces, if used, shall be on the entry. No sauce containers are allowed. Chunks in any sauce must be finely diced ‘finely diced’ is defined as less than 1/8 inch in size. Additional edible products, of any kind, in the sauce are OK as long as these products are finely diced. Additional inedible objects are NOT allowed in the entry box.

3. Chef’s Choice: Item presented must not qualify in any of the preceding categories. 6 separate and identifiable pieces must be submitted to the judges. Any platter or plate is aloud. You do not have to submit the category in a 9x9 styro box. Chef’s choice does not have to be a meat, seafood or poultry item. Vegetables and fruits are allowed in this category. Desserts are aloud.

COMPLETELY OPEN GARNISH - Anything goes, as long as it is edible. Garnish is also optional.

Chefs have the option to use stuffing. See stuffing definitions below.

Entry MAY be wrapped with another item, (i.e. meat or pastry dough). Bacon, Prosciutto, Speck, Pancetta or Jamon may be used in the wrapping.
Sauce may be pooled and/or puddle in the container. Chunky sauce will be allowed with no restrictions on the size of the chunks. Edible sauce containers will be allowed: i.e. a bread bowl. Inedible objects are NOT allowed in the entry box.

Note: Remember that creativity of the chef will be a major judging category in this category. We want this category to be a showcase for the chef to shine and show us what they got.

Prize Category Breakdown

$5,000 Total Prize Pool

Grand Champion $2,500

Reserve Champion $1,000

3rd place $300

1st place in each category $200

2nd place in each category $100

3rd place in each category $50

4th place in each category $25

5th place in each category $25

1st place Chili $100

Just dropped my check in the mail. I know we can drop our stuff off Friday but is it ok to stay onsite? I may want to leave the car with my wife at the hotel so she and the kids can come over later versus getting up at 6am.

Just dropped my check in the mail. I know we can drop our stuff off Friday but is it ok to stay onsite? I may want to leave the car with my wife at the hotel so she and the kids can come over later versus getting up at 6am.

Hey Clint,
You absolutely can stay on-site Friday Night. The Mountain is providing free camping and firewood for all the teams that want to camp out….Dana and I will be there with the wives most of the night as well tilting a few back.

Thanks for coming out...it's gonna be a great time.

Going to be judging this one. Not sure how many of the judges will be KCBS certified. I'm guessing there will be some of us certified.

Back