Our first comp turn in pics - please comment

Individual appearance scores:
Chicken - 6 7 8 7 5 8 - chicken needs appearance work - guessing more color, less green and precut pieces to the same size

Ribs - 8 9 9 9 8 9 - I'd say those are pretty good for the first time, you can bet we'll use the same set up again and make some minor minor improvements like having the ribs line up more uniform (check for spaces)

Pork - 8 9 7 8 8 9 - better then I would have guessed with all that green hanging out. I'm going to try for a whole ring of chopped bark around the pulled/chunked pill in the middle. And minimize the green.

Brisket - 8 8 9 8 8 8 - less green, maybe precut the flat so the lengths are a bit more uniform and work on equal spacing

With out reading what has already been said, this is how I see it:

Chick- Trim up the garnish so it's not hanging out of the box. The skin on a few has pulled back. Toothpicks can help with that. I just learned that little trick myself. Are the dark spots burnt spots or chunky sauce? Score-6

Ribs- Same as above for the garnish. The top rib is not lined up with the rest in the row but other than that looks good. Score-7

Pork- Same as above for the garnish. I like the big chunks and barky pieces around the edges. Score-8

Brisket- Same as above for the garnish. Try not to cover the meat with the garnish. The meat looks good. Score-8

Back