Ordering a new smoker

ruger35

is one Smokin' Farker
Name or Nickame
Nope
Excitement of ordering a new smoker can't beat! Going with a Primitive 500 on the tandem trailer. Few other options included. It was extremely nice of Ashley to email me over the weekend (I didn't request it) and allow me to submit an order for when they get there Monday morning. Just have to send my deposit and it's on!

Attachments

• primitive order.jpg
    primitive order.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 285
I'll look forward ta seeing yer new cooker.
This is number what??
And didn't ya have that cream coloured cooker? That was a beautiful one.

Congrats!

-D

I just looked at the website and there's a light green one that looks familiar....wasn't that yers as well?

-D

I'll look forward ta seeing yer new cooker.
This is number what??
And didn't ya have that cream coloured cooker? That was a beautiful one.

Congrats!

-D

Overall, #7 I think. Have tinkered and changed styles along the way figuring out what I really like. Only difference besides builders this go 'round is increasing in size. I just sold the most recent cooker to the same guy who bought my backyard cooker lol.

I just looked at the website and there's a light green one that looks familiar....wasn't that yers as well?

-D

Which website? My most recent one was light green. In a lot of photos it looked white/cream colored. It was mentioned so often as being white that I didn't even tell people it was green anymore :grin:

I just looked at primitive pits. Maybe that's where I'm mixed...phaps it was just the one cooker looking different in one pic or another, but I do remember the cooker. How did that paint hold up anyhow, as there's been some debate on off colours and clear coat.

-D

The paint itself held up fine. Other than right at the top of the door on the firebox blackened. But no issues with the paint other than that. Powdercoated trailer was really nice. Debating on going raw with clear, black, or painted trailer with Primitive. Their lead times and pricing is really attractive compared to others. I went through the list leading up to this one comparing them all.

For what I'm getting at the price I don't think my skill level will know the difference. With the new Mill Scale 361 I was all in until I got my 325 quote from Moberg back and though about rolled pipe and more doors equals more labor. You could buy a 1k or twin 500s for what the MS 361 cost.

I just looked at primitive pits. Maybe that's where I'm mixed...phaps it was just the one cooker looking different in one pic or another, but I do remember the cooker. How did that paint hold up anyhow, as there's been some debate on off colours and clear coat.

-D

My green tank smoker was a Backline.

That's right. Backline....that was quite the smoker and I'm not a fan of pastels, but it seemed a serious cooker did pull it off.
Looking forward ta yer next one.

-D

Overall, #7 I think. Have tinkered and changed styles along the way figuring out what I really like. Only difference besides builders this go 'round is increasing in size. I just sold the most recent cooker to the same guy who bought my backyard cooker lol.

How convenient ! Now he has two Backlines .... I think ...

Powdercoated trailer was really nice. Debating on going raw with clear, black, or painted trailer with Primitive.

I like the green one with the gangster white walls or the black and orange. The white walls make it, but the one with the primitive clear coat cooker and painted trailer doesn't look right to me.

I vote for full paint trailer and cooker in the color of your choice and white walls! Sweet!

Love the way you persue the passion. Fun to watch.

Last edited:
Back