Open a BBQ restaurant, they said. It will be fun, they said

This is the type of tea maker that I see in a lot of restaurants down here in Texas. Sorry the picture is rotated.

That's the type they use at McDonald's also.

Yes I worked at McDonald's in the recent past. DON'T JUDGE ME!!! :becky:

Makes great tea, BTW.

I am chinese in China and I am not familiar with your culture.
But can I ask.
1.how many footage
2.how many employee
3.how much renting cost
4.how much you invest on so far
5.Is there a professional company which do all these for you, and you just buy a new restaurant and open it

What a way to start the week. Main kitchen drain is clogged and now the kitchen is flooded. Can't do dishes or anything. Called every plumber in town and they all say it will be this afternoon at the earliest. Good times.

Do you have grease traps at the DW?

Yep.

Been on the phone all day with everyone from the previous owners to every plumber and septic person in town. Apparently the septic system is FUBAR according to a guy who has been servicing it for about ten years. The slope of the land and all the snow piled up from the plows and melting put it way over capacity.

Thankfully, I pulled the cover from the primary tank and it isn't full, so that isn't the problem this time anyway. Finally got a guy out here with power equipment trying to clean out the line right now.

Both are great upgrades. You will love the range. You can now offer nachos with real cheese melted on them. You will have fun playing with the griddle too. So many things you can do now.

I have a vulcan version of that range with the broiler/flat top in my basement, yeah of my house lol, and I hate using the flat top. Standing in front of it gets unbearable with the heat coming out through the broiler opening, to the point that it burns, and that is not a good height to be burned at! I never use the flat top because of it.

If I remember right, you've got trees near the building. I'm betting the roots grew into your outlet pipe.
And you're snow/rain run off should NEVER go into your septic system.

Also if the previous owner knew this and it wasn't told to you, they need to cough up the cash form the repairs/new system installation.

I have a vulcan version of that range with the broiler/flat top in my basement, yeah of my house lol, and I hate using the flat top. Standing in front of it gets unbearable with the heat coming out through the broiler opening, to the point that it burns, and that is not a good height to be burned at! I never use the flat top because of it.

With this unit you do need an exhaust hood. Another this is I don't run it with all the burners on. The burners are only on high when I am heating up the griddle. Just like anything else kin the kitchen, you learn to work with it.
I like it because it incorporates two pieces of equipment into one unit. I don't have that much space in my kitchen so I make it work.

Yep.

Been on the phone all day with everyone from the previous owners to every plumber and septic person in town. Apparently the septic system is FUBAR according to a guy who has been servicing it for about ten years. The slope of the land and all the snow piled up from the plows and melting put it way over capacity.

Thankfully, I pulled the cover from the primary tank and it isn't full, so that isn't the problem this time anyway. Finally got a guy out here with power equipment trying to clean out the line right now.
Unless commercial is different from residential, if there was a disclosure document in the sale, the septic problem should have been listed. Also, your inspector should have checked it.

I thought on the VERY first post you said that others told you
"It would be fun."
Hope you worked out the plumbing issue.
Fun.

My television debut was tonight. It turned out pretty good, but no matter how others perceive it, seeing yourself on TV sucks. It should be online tomorrow.

Then just the usual today. An employee called in sick, had another employee in jail overnight and couldn't make it in this morning, and then another employee quit (because he's on his way to jail).

On the bright side, got our dish washing machine fixed, which is going to save a lot of time. But found out the ice maker install next week is going to be about $1k over what we had planned.

Oh well. Just another day as a restaurant owner I suppose. If anything, it keeps me on my toes since every day brings new challenges.

About once per year a car full of ninja get pulled over on the way to a mission. They all have bench warrants and go to jail. I have to bail them out if I want the mission complete.

You've got to be ****ing me. Came in this morning and not only did our furnace go out last night, but the walk-in cooler died as well. Are you farking serious? This is just getting ridiculous.

Oh no!!! Hopefully the walk-in cooler stayed cool enough and it sounds like the smoker kept rollin', just might be a bit chilly inside today. Hope you can salvage this day!

You've got to be ****ing me. Came in this morning and not only did our furnace go out last night, but the walk-in cooler died as well. Are you farking serious? This is just getting ridiculous.

Wait until the smoker dies in the middle of the night and you lose all the product. Thats happened to me three times.

Saturday night at 9:00pm I had to shut down the kitchen because we had a gas leak. We had a full dining room. 250 seats...

Turned out to be a messed up quick connect on the gas line. I got the replacement part for free but lost about 5000.00 in sales.

It's always something in this business...

That sucks Jeremy. Hoping for the best. We're going to have to move you over to "Discussion and Reflection" pretty soon. :wink:

Back