Onsite judging...what to expect?

I dont use a presentation smoker as both a presentation smoker and a warmer... I suggest keeping them separate, if you have more than one smoker. Use one for the warmer / holding meat, the other for presentation. In your presentation you'll want to talk about the types of wood that you use, and charcoal, etc., but you dont have to have it in your smoker/cooker at that time.

Otherwise, I dont know how to answer the question of what temps... For us, the shoulders when pulled apart are still steaming hot and will burn fingers, even after being held in a cooler/cambro for 3 or more hours. Shoot, in these pics I made a huge mistake and they were done shortly after 2am; they were still hot after being stored for 8 hours... Ribs; well, they'll cool fairly quickly. For this reason I try to stack them on top of a few shoulders (allowing the shoulder heat to keep them warm).

oh ok i see now... so the presentation grill doesn't need to actually have heat to keep the meat up to temp.... got ya. that makes sense.

Back