old video...still bad a$$

I just bought three chickens from the grocery store yesterday, reckon at least one of them is gonna get this treatment done.

Well I did one today. Called butcher shops this morning looking for a whole chicken and could onlu find frozen ones. Butcher shop said they would get one thawed for me.

Unfortunately it was still slightly frozen inside so I think that led to some problems (that is, more than would have occurred from just my inexperience.:-D )

I used stove top stuffing and a few sticks of rosemary for the filling. Also had some problems getting that thing tied up.

Also did not think about cooking options before starting,:crazy: other than preheating oven. So I put some rotisery seasoning on it then put it into a turkey pan lined with foil @ 350. It’s baking now, will try to add pix when it’s done.

it also came with a temp button so i put it back in.
Does anyone have other ideas for baking. Will try smoking one next month. Would also like to try turky for thanks giving.

Attachments

• 100_18541.jpg
    100_18541.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 100_18551.jpg
    100_18551.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_18591.jpg
    100_18591.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 49
  • 100_18611.jpg
    100_18611.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 49
well here it is. it was tender and juicy. family loved it. but best of all i have some left overs for the a few days.:-D:-D

Attachments

• 100_18621.jpg
    100_18621.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 64
WOW, I agree with what others have said, I too will be mangling some poultry in an effort to emulate his deboning techniques!!!

Just tried it myself, watched the video and stopped it at each step. Pretty easy but mine did not turn out as pretty as his or trekmster. Must not have had as nice a chicken, just ordinary one. Anyway stuffed with wild rice, onion, garlic, mushrooms and spinach. Cooking in oven now.

post pix and let us know how it came out anyway. most of us like pretty food, but i think it's safe to say we would all prefer good tasting food over pretty anyday. so it's really the tast that maters.
was talking to wife about what to stuff it with next time and we both thought that we'd use broccoli cheese rice next time.

Ok, just got finished eating this chicken that was deboned, was the bomb. The wife said it was a home run. It was so tender did not have to use a knife. Told the wife, will have to do this again. Skin was Crispy, meat tender and juicy. Did not add any liquid, just fat from chicken. Did have to add a little foil pieces till chicken set then pulled them off. Thanks for posting the video, love it this way.

Attachments

• IMGP3498.jpg
    IMGP3498.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 45
  • IMGP3501.jpg
    IMGP3501.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 45
I tried this tonight . It wasnt pretty. Im going to take pics on the next one. He sure makes it look easy. We'll see how it looks after cooking.

OK - I went for it. My Dad celebrated his 79th b-day last weekend, so I borrowed my daughter's school laptop and set it on the kitchen counter. My lovely bride offered to pause, rewind and replay the video as many times as needed (lots of times) so I could figure it out.
480_dad_79_galantine_a.JPG

Here's how it looked after multiple pauses and replays.
383_dad_79_galantine_b.JPG

I must say to remove the bones took more finger strength than I expected. She made a sweet onion, apple and "old" bagel stuffing, then I tied it all up and took some pork ribs and the UDS over to my folks house on the lake for a lazy afternoon. Dad and I each at one of the "lollypops" while the rest of the meal was smoking.
384_dad_79_galantine_c.JPG

Great location for a cookout with some cold beer!

Upper grill all loaded up.
480_dad_79_galantine_d.JPG

A few beers later, what a sunset!
383_dad_79_galantine_e.JPG

Dad goes downwind to smell the smoke and gives it one thumb up.
480_dad_79_galantine_f.JPG

Pulled the ribs off first - here she is, almost ready.
479_dad_79_galantine_g.JPG

We forgot to take a pic when the strings were cut off, but we all shared a few laughs when my brother called it a "hot chick in a thong" because of the "tan lines" left by the strings. Here's my bro cutting it up to serve.
479_dad_79_galantine_h.JPG

The ribs were awesome, but the chicken galantine stole the show. It was so moist and tender, and voila! no bones :clap2:
We had some leftover the next day, and here's how it looked after a night in the fridge.
480_galantine_leftovers_1_.JPG

I highly recommend making the effort on this one; it's well worth it. Can't wait to do it again. Thanks again for posting the video. Without it I wouldn't have had a clue.

Aloha

I just found out my parents are coming over for dinner tomorrow and had no idea what I was going to make. I have a pretty good idea now. Now I just need to come up with a stuffing and watch that video another 30 times.

What he is able to do with that knife and bird so effortlessly is nothing short of amazing.

Back