THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

LordRiffenstein

is One Chatty Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Yoeri
I got a nice brisket flat from a local farm specifically to make pastrami and make use of my new brine bucket.

Meat was brined for 2 weeks and on Monday evening I was gonna smoke it. And then my Yoder crapped out, AGAIN. So I was either going to take a day off and use the offset or do an overnight cook on the Weber. Choose the Weber although I had never done an overnight cook on it. Had a few spikes but overall the 17 hour cook went smoothly. Averaged 250F and that's all that matters. I wrapped in BP the last 2 hours. Pastrami came out most excellent.
9d4609846c81d4c79684aac589b76e1e.jpg
d92cdadbec5bd86b73a414d1d93cdf8c.jpg
68f24cd5ff3f127685a878f1cf2e1c37.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-A528B met Tapatalk

That looks wonderful! Sorry to hear about the Yoder! :sorry: Cooking a long cook is awesome when you have a micro-stick burner!!

Thanks guys!

As brisket is a US cut, I had to teach the butcher what I wanted. Normally, they use this cut for minced meat. So the flat was HUGE, it barely fitted on the 26" Weber, I think at the beginning it was touching the sides. I believe it was 3-3.5kgs. That was after I cut of about 600-700grams to use for something else.

The bark really surprised me in a good way and this turned out to be my best pastrami ever. The slices we had after the cook were great. The reheated slices (steamed) I had for lunch today were even better. Vacuum sealed slices to eat 4 more times and have some leftovers that will make a smashing omelet tomorrow morning.

The Yoder, that´s another story but I think it´s thermocouple died. I replaced the thermocouple Dec 2020. Only used the smoker a few times since (no big parties). When I started it up, the temp was all over the place. It jumped from 260 to 400 in a matter of seconds etc.

Back