Oklahoma Joe's 2nd Annual BBQ Cookoff

• Thread starter Chick'n Pig BBQ
  • Start date
C

Chick'n Pig BBQ

Just got my app in the mail. Contest is May 18-19 2007.
We are planning on doing this one again.
Who else is going?

We didnt do this last year but we are planning on doing it this year.

It was a real nice contest. we had a great time, just make sure you watch all of your stuff!. someone took 2 of our water buckets and 1 of our briskets?

We should be in the Invitational. Will they send us something without haveing to ask????

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

So you will have two invitationals in a row... This, Then the GAB? Can you handle that much winning in a row?

spicewine said:
We should be in the Invitational. Will they send us something without haveing to ask????

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

Oklahoma Joes is just like a regular Kcbs sanctioned State contest. limited to 100 teams. No invitational.
But there is also the World brisket open. each brisket entered is $100.00 each 2 max.
You must enter the kcbs contest to enter the world brisket open. I can get you a copy of the app or i am sure it will be in the bull sheet or WWW.oklahomajoesbbq.com I just read
Skip

Chick'n Pig BBQ said:
Oklahoma Joes is just like a regular Kcbs sanctioned State contest. limited to 100 teams. No invitational.
But there is also the World brisket open. each brisket entered is $100.00 each 2 max.
You must enter the kcbs contest to enter the world brisket open. I can get you a copy of the app or i am sure it will be in the bull sheet or WWW.oklahomajoesbbq.com I just read
Skip

So they are only allowing two this year? We entered 3 last year...
Proof Brisket is not our best catagory :twisted:

$275 covered an "RV" spot (20x50) that included 30AMP power. The briskets were $100 each for the WBO.

I have not gotten my pack for this year.

200.00 for a 20w x 25d all the way to
275.00 for a 20w x 50d RV space
+ 100.00 per each brisket entered into the world brisket open. if you want to enter the brisket open.
Skip

Okay, I signed up. I think I might be able to get a sponsor over in Kansas to cover the entry fee on this one... or else I better start selling more sauce.

Gawd, I can't wait for come season here!!!!

Got a call from Pam today confirming my CC. Sounds like I'm in. Unless my sponsor kicks in, I'm not doing the brisket.

spicewine said:

Pardon!! First timers .

Spice

OOOPPPSSS!! I was thinking of the GAB!! Sorry!! We will probably not do this one this year.

Spice

spicewine said:
OOOPPPSSS!! I was thinking of the GAB!! Sorry!! We will probably not do this one this year.

Spice

What??? I was for sure you all would be doing this one.This is a nice contest and it is one week before the GAB.
I hope you change your mind!

Back