THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remember this one is yours

You'll be fine!

DSC_0160-1.jpg

She may have the home field advantage...but you have a UDS and the BBQ Brethren! No contest IMHO! :cool:

So...what's your game plan...low-n-slow or hot-n-fast? rub?...injection?...sauce...fuel?...smokewoods?

Cook off is this weekend...

I have all the stuff sitting on the counter and the three briskets in the fridge....

I am shaking like a dog ****in a peach seed.... I want to win this so bad....LOL............it's more than a contest...its watching folks eat your food! Make sence?

edit for spelling..(i'm not good at it yet)

edit again...ooops, language...sorry

She may have the home field advantage...but you have a UDS and the BBQ Brethren! No contest IMHO! :cool:

So...what's your game plan...low-n-slow or hot-n-fast? rub?...injection?...sauce...fuel?...smokewoods?

LOW...N...SLOW

bovine bold and a dr pepper marinade with worchestershire, teriake(sp) and turbinado sugar...I think I'm going to drop the pomegranite juice...

I only answered a few...here is the rest.

no injection, no sauce, kingsford with hickory and apple (not bought)

I am also wet curing...only about 18 days though....it makes me nervous and I am a nervous already. :-D

I checked it today and it's fine..., I have had a temp probe on it the whole time with a hi/ low recorder and it has never been above 36 degrees internal temp.

I've bought two whole briskets and they have been ageing for a little while in the basement fridge....

I was planning a marinade starting on wednesday, start my smoke on Friday around 9 pm...and serve food around 5 pm saturday...I will let rest no less than three hours. (if everthing is as planned) LOL
Sounds good so far, use charcoal, easier and will burn for a long time, well depends on how big your charcoal basket is.

In the words of Robert Byrne "In order to preserve your self-respect, it is sometimes necessary to lie and cheat." Not that I'm suggesting anything but Lucretius (96 BC - 55 BC) said it best "What is food to one, is to others bitter poison." "winning is everything RJ"

However it works... when they're just about finished doing the 'judging' make sure you yell San Dimas High School football rules!

How would you do Hot and Fast? I've not seen anything on this. Seems like it would turn out tuff..or chewy.

You can use the search feature to find other methods but I have been currently happy with cooking packers on the drum at 300 degrees until an internal 160 - 170 degrees and then wrapping it in foil until it is probe tender.

Do not look at what the temp of the meat is after it is wrapped just pull it when it is tender.

Usually takes about 6 hours for a 12 - 14 lb packer.

You can use the search feature to find other methods but I have been currently happy with cooking packers on the drum at 300 degrees until an internal 160 - 170 degrees and then wrapping it in foil until it is probe tender.

Do not look at what the temp of the meat is after it is wrapped just pull it when it is tender.

Usually takes about 6 hours for a 12 - 14 lb packer.

I don't have access to search.

I have read several times here about a tooth pick test or probe tender, can you exlain?

I may try the hot fast method but maybe not this time.

Kik use the Google search at the bottom of the main page here.
There should be lots of information on your question.
Good luck on your throwdown!

Back