THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's she cooking on? I can't imagine anything better for a single brisket than a properly built UDS.
Anyways-Cook to the judges!!

Poke yourself in the eye and tell everyone else that she did it and what a bad person she is. That should work!

Seriously, PRACTICE!! And take careful notes so that next weekend you're not the guy saying "Man, last weekends turned out sooo good, what happened?"

Since you've got to use every weapon you can, be sure to save the au jus from the foil and make up a nice sauce to rest it in while serving, that should add some juice & flavor to it.

kick her @ss! =)

What's she cooking on? I can't imagine anything better for a single brisket than a properly built UDS.
Anyways-Cook to the judges!!

she's cooking brisket too.

What started this is she started braging and one thing led to another and the challenge was on!

There will be several people over to judge....nothing formal, just a bunch of family and friends eatin and drinkin....:-D

You'd better start talking about the rules. You don't want any suprises.

Have fun.

no rules...just bring your game.

We're both doing brisket and both will be smoked, I built a UDS just for the occassion and she hasn't told me what hers will be cooked on.:roll:
I think she's scarred though. Her own daughter said "mom, have you ever had his brisket before?" when she heard what we were going to do. LOL:lol:

When it comes to family it's not like cooking against friends don't buy into "just have fun". It all about "mom liked you best" or "you ruined my 8th birthday" or "I told you not to tell her I liked her". You need to eliminate anyone who has had her brisket before, they will know. If all else fails call mom and tell her your sister is cheating.

That's hysterical :-D :-D :-D

Just have fun. And yes practice practice. Its all about the BBQ anyways. Just keep your smack talk going so she starts to question her abilities.

Burnt ends are from the cubed point. Flat is for slicing or chopping. The last brisket cooked here was a CAB brisket and as an experiment used Butchers brisket injection in it. Now I've done maybe three briskets before this one and none were great. This one was FABULOUS! The point especially. Get some of that stuff and pump up your brisket, you won't regret it.

Go find a nice angus brisket... it will do it over a choice or whatever else you will find in the chain stores. I find mine at the higher end grocery store in my area. They are the bomb.... They are usually just the flat, but I make sure it has a nice fat layer or I ask for one. The butcher now knows me, and will bring me out a nice one every time.....

My only advice is DO NOT WALK AWAY FROM THE UDS. Learning it is tricky, and temps can do what they want when they want. Stay close, have a remote thermo so you dont open lids. I did my first brisket the other day and was proud of it, but i know my uds.

Post up pics from the battle. sounds fun.
kris

^^^^what he said. You need to practice on your UDS to know how easy it works and how it......"rides".

The way I see it he lost :eek::eek:. Otherwise he would be here with pics and braggin!!!! :biggrin::biggrin:.

Just sayin.............

Paul B
SS UDS

Back