THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I did a turkey last year in mine. The turkey was good. I plan to do another one this year. When I do, it will be the second time that I have used my BE in one year. This is the only draw back.

Ive got one and I like it, it in NO WAY replaces or comes close to a smoked turkey, but it does a good job. I just received a in-home Butterball turkey fryer, I'm testing it in the next couple days and will post the results. Looks like a huge bread machine LOL. Here are some pics of it

Attachments

• DSC_2136.jpg
    DSC_2136.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 147
  • DSC_2140.jpg
    DSC_2140.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_2142.jpg
    DSC_2142.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 146
Okay Thom here goes.

The Big Easy is farking awesome. I loved it. It was easy and produced a great chicken.

Is it fried, well it certainly felt fried.

That being said I've also used the Masterbuilt pictured above, which is a great product two.

They don't really compare though. There is something about a submerged in oil friend chicken or turkey.

For me I will be using both all the time. They aren't BBQ but they are great cooking devices.

Thom (and anyone else who is interested),

Here is my review of the Char-Broil Big Easy...

BE_7.jpg

http://thebbqgrail.com/2009/11/09/meatless-monday-grilled-portabello-mushroom-quesadillas/

I liked it. Is it BBQ? Not even in the broadest sense of the word. What it is, is a great way to cook meat when you want something fried/roasted.

Last edited:
yessir..
beyond that...
i can actually cook..
thon pm me & i'll give ya details- camp cook style turky in a d.o.

Blues Clues,

Any chance you could start a new thread on Camp Cook Style Turkey in a Dutch Oven?

I'd be interested in that.

And GitUrDone Thom don't need no more secrets!!

:wink:

Thom (and anyone else who is interested),

Here is my review of the Char-Broil Big Easy...

http://thebbqgrail.com/2009/11/09/meatless-monday-grilled-portabello-mushroom-quesadillas/

I liked it. Is it BBQ? Not even in the broadest sense of the word. What it is, is a great way to cook meat when you want something fried/roasted.

Thanks for the review Larry.

I was thinking of picking one of these up myself. My fryer burner is busted, and I'm not looking forward to dropping $40 on oil for 2-3 cooks anyway.

And jmo, frying turkeys was never BBQ either! :wink:

Thanks for the review Larry.

I was thinking of picking one of these up myself. My fryer burner is busted, and I'm not looking forward to dropping $40 on oil for 2-3 cooks anyway.

And jmo, frying turkeys was never BBQ either! :wink:

Freeze the oil after use and it will keep for years. At least mine did.

Paul B

I worked in the prep kitchen at Home Shopping Network and worked with these when they first came out. I assembled a couple of them and not only wasn't impressed with the build quality, but to compare them to deep frying a turkey is laughable.

They don't really compare though. There is something about a submerged in oil friend chicken or turkey.

... but to compare them to deep frying a turkey is laughable.

Want to know what else is laughable. You aren't paying attention. The only true comparision in this thread is mine and I said they don't compare.

Want to know what else is laughable. You aren't paying attention. The only true comparision in this thread is mine and I said they don't compare.

WHOA! Whats this all about? Why so defensive? I wasn't quoting what you said. I think it's laughable that the MANUFACTURER compares the quality to deep fried turkey. If anything I was backing up your statement.

Back