Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-Off Kettering, Ohio, July 9-10

Roger, I don't know where you're getting your information. The size of the sites in Kettering are not getting smaller and I have yet to hear anyone complain about not having enough room.

I've always had enough room. I've not seen a team there that was squished in on top of another team. There seems to be plenty of room for growth on that site, even after all the shaded spots are taken.

Yes Dan, we have room. I was just picking on Mike.
OK, but picking on Mike is my job. Well Ok, Roger does a pretty good job of it too. The more I think of it you better chip in too, he ca always us more picking on. Is everything ready for the weekend? I am looking forward to another great weekend in Kettering.

I made the list, woohooo!!! :-D

Eagle River Barbecue will be hauling in around noon Thursday. It's been a few months since the last comp so I'm looking forward to this. Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks.

Looking at the list of teams, I must say that I am impressed by the number of Ohio teams.

I made the list, woohooo!!! :-D

Eagle River Barbecue will be hauling in around noon Thursday. It's been a few months since the last comp so I'm looking forward to this. Look forward to seeing everyone again and meeting some new folks.

Looking at the list of teams, I must say that I am impressed by the number of Ohio teams.

Welcome back to the forum Big Mike.
You were missed.

Thanks Bull! I've just been taking a bit of a break I guess. I've been on reading every now and then though.

Jim wasnt complaining about size.......love the large sites just fig the bigger it gets the less room for walkways..........and hog pens bed

Roger, I don't know where you're getting your information. The size of the sites in Kettering are not getting smaller and I have yet to hear anyone complain about not having enough room.

Again.......... I was not complaing you will not hear one complaint from me about the cookoff in kettering or the people in charge.....

I've always had enough room. I've not seen a team there that was squished in on top of another team. There seems to be plenty of room for growth on that site, even after all the shaded spots are taken.

Hi Jim,

Well over 45 teams this year - fantastic! Ohio may be a little late to the BBQ game but seems to be catching up quickly!

Question: The post by podge made we wonder, will there be enough shaded spots to go around with the added teams this year? We only need 10x20 and a nearby spot for a truck. Marc and I are considering bringing our 6 & 7 yr old girls along but we won't be in until Friday afternoon. A nice shady area would certainly help for supervision and so they aren't stuck under a canopy all day. Or would it behoove me to come up Thursday evening from Cincy with canopy to get a site assignment? Thanfully it looks like this weeks heat should subside by the weekend.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to it!

I'm not competing this year, but I'll be there for much of the weekend, drinking all your beer, etc... with no responsibilities at all, and a nice bed in the a/c just 11 miles away from the site.

I'm not competing this year, but I'll be there for much of the weekend, drinking all your beer, etc... with no responsibilities at all, and a nice bed in the a/c just 11 miles away from the site.

Hi Curt - see you popping up on the foodie sphere down here in Cincy all the time. Stop in and say hello. Are you judging and why do you consider yourself still a neophyte after 9 comps? We are very much still in that category but have certainly shaken the dew off as they say!

Matt,

Is that better? I guess I'm a bit past neophyte, but that's about it, and potentially retired from competing, at least for this year. I'm not judging, just haning out this weekend.

I haven't been spending much time in Cincy lately, but live outside Waynesville; I worked in Cincy for several years, and still get down to my favorite restaurants and Findlay Market now and then. I'll be at Bass Pro Shops on Sunday to buy a shotgun. :)

Hi Jim,

Well over 45 teams this year - fantastic! Ohio may be a little late to the BBQ game but seems to be catching up quickly!

Question: The post by podge made we wonder, will there be enough shaded spots to go around with the added teams this year? We only need 10x20 and a nearby spot for a truck. Marc and I are considering bringing our 6 & 7 yr old girls along but we won't be in until Friday afternoon. A nice shady area would certainly help for supervision and so they aren't stuck under a canopy all day. Or would it behoove me to come up Thursday evening from Cincy with canopy to get a site assignment? Thanfully it looks like this weeks heat should subside by the weekend.

Thanks for your time. Looking forward to it!

Matt, there's quite a bit of shade but as you can imagine, it goes quickly.if there's anyway you can make it tomorrow then you stand a better chance of finding a good spot.

Wish the Perry Bros could be there. Y'all have fun, be safe, and kick the Shig's arse.

We wish you guys could be here too Matt. It won't be the same without the Perry Bros

What happened to your offer to help that I graciously accepted? ;-)

Back