Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Ohio Veteran Barbecue Cook-Off Kettering, Ohio, July 9-10

Nevermind!

Brian - Answered my own question after checking the teams list. Harley Q!

We were both at Jim Dandy's last year in September. Per Jim Emig I believe you won the "Most beer consumed" category? :laugh:

Good on ya for making the jump to sanctioned. See ya again soon.

Hi Matt. My team name is Harley Q. Its 5;15 on sunday morning and i've been up since 2;38. I have smoker fired up with two butts and a brisket. :) If i'm going to have nitemiers mite as well not sleep through them LOL. Look forward to meeting you in Kettering. I will try and post some pics of the pratice.

Is Jim dandys one of the santioned ones you were refering to as 3 that you did?????

Brian - Answered my own question after checking the teams list. Harley Q!

We were both at Jim Dandy's last year in September. Per Jim Emig I believe you won the "Most beer consumed" category? :laugh:

Good on ya for making the jump to sanctioned. See ya again soon.

Is Jim dandys one of the santioned ones you were refering to as 3 that you did?????

No - JD's was sanctioned in 2007 & 8 but not last year. Still not sure what happened back then but he is keeping his competition small these days. Kettering will be our 3rd after Liberty in May and Marietta a few weeks ago.

Emig didnt play by the rules.....what part of Cincy you in????

No - JD's was sanctioned in 2007 & 8 but not last year. Still not sure what happened back then but he is keeping his competition small these days. Kettering will be our 3rd after Liberty in May and Marietta a few weeks ago.

Emig didnt play by the rules.....what part of Cincy you in????

That's what I've heard. Apparently over promised and got pinched for it. Now that I remember think you and I discussed this a bit a while back? I should say I think Jim is a great guy and he speaks highly of Jim Ferguson and the Kettering event (getting this back on topic).

I'm in Monfort Heights. My BBQ partner is up in Hilliard so we are looking forward to the easy drive to Kettering. You?

Anyway, I was looking at Google maps and the comp location looks pretty tight for 40 plus teams but the pics on the website look like everyone is pretty well spread out under the trees? All the shade must be great!

Mt. Airy, The sites have been large and shaded and alot of great people..... But the bigger it gets the smaller the sites become. The Reps say it is one of the best run santioned cookoffs in US. Jim and Jim are great.

That's what I've heard. Apparently over promised and got pinched for it. Now that I remember think you and I discussed this a bit a while back? I should say I think Jim is a great guy and he speaks highly of Jim Ferguson and the Kettering event (getting this back on topic).

I'm in Monfort Heights. My BBQ partner is up in Hilliard so we are looking forward to the easy drive to Kettering. You?

Anyway, I was looking at Google maps and the comp location looks pretty tight for 40 plus teams but the pics on the website look like everyone is pretty well spread out under the trees? All the shade must be great!

Mt. Airy, The sites have been large and shaded and alot of great people..... But the bigger it gets the smaller the sites become. The Reps say it is one of the best run santioned cookoffs in US. Jim and Jim are great.

We are in the same neck of the woods! Look forward to meeting you. Any other active Cinci teams on this side of the river? How many comps do you do a year?

Yes - Jim Weaver as well! Those two sure have a good reputation. With 42 last year any expectation on # of teams this year?

No but probually be a cap at some point.

We are in the same neck of the woods! Look forward to meeting you. Any other active Cinci teams on this side of the river? How many comps do you do a year?

Yes - Jim Weaver as well! Those two sure have a good reputation. With 42 last year any expectation on # of teams this year?

We will be in Kettering and we are bringing in our kids!! Can't wait!

Hope your having a good time in NY, look forward to competing with you guys, my wife and i think you are very fun to hang out with

Pot luck

Smokin' Blues BBQ -- BBQ Potatoes Bacon Corn salad
Ribs and Bibs -- Old Daves sausage medley
Powells up in Smoke-- Cajun rice w/ smoked sausage
Eagle river BBQ -- Peach cobbler
Rib Runners -- Cheese potatoes
Pappy Q -- Cornbread salad
Hoosier Crawdaddy-- "Kroger Surprise"
Shigs In Pit-- N'Awlins Jambalya Meatballs
Jimmy's Hog Pen-- Chocolate Cake
Monty Pigthon-- "Sweet Heat" cookies
Hossier Que Daddy-- Sauerkraut & Brats and Pineapple Cake
3 Meat Mafia-- Chocolate Fudge Peanut Butter Cup Brownies
Party Pigs BBQ--Chipotle Grilled BBQ Wings

Dave Stamper of Ribs and Bibs is doing this stam@ccrtc.com please contact him with what you are bringing

Pot luck

Dave Stamper of Ribs and Bibs is doing this stam@ccrtc.com please contact him with what you are bringing

We will be bringing shrimp cocktail (non oil covered of course) :fish2:

Lifesaving BBQ will be there, but sorry Pigman, we will not be rolling in until Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Sarge
Lifesaving BBQ Team

Harley Q---- Green Bean casserole
Getta-Que----Brownies
Rub Me Tender---Beef Stew
JayAre---Shrimp Cocktail

I will be leaving town in the morning july 3 for Indiana and will be returning july 6th and wont have internet. I am cooking for 400 people. Let Dave know what you are bringing. See everyonr next week.

Lifesaving BBQ will be there, but sorry Pigman, we will not be rolling in until Friday afternoon. Looking forward to seeing everyone again this year.

Sarge
Lifesaving BBQ Team

Why aren't you on the list? :heh:

Roger, I don't know where you're getting your information. The size of the sites in Kettering are not getting smaller and I have yet to hear anyone complain about not having enough room.

Back