THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3. Food Samples – BBQ teams are not required to make food samples available to the public. Public food samples are entirely at the discretion of the BBQ team.

If a team does not have samples available please respect their wishes. Do not take anything from any teams cooking area; this may be their BBQ entry you just destroyed!!
I hate contests where people put out their leftovers after each turn-in. Draws the viltures in and causes problems. Is the local/county/state health dept on board with this? Here in MI it's basically not allowed as we are not inspected.

At least I'm self contained within the trailer and people can't get to me.

Now about about people coming down Friday. I'd encourage that as we have lots more time and usually cook comething for dinner and if it's left over well it's just cooking dinner for friends. And we have lots of time to talk.

For some teams that 11 - 1:30 might be a little tight. I know a lot that get pretty uptight after 10 am.

Entry Deadline 10/9/09

We currently have 44 teams entered in the Nelsonville competition. We are setting the cap on teams at 50, and a entry deadline of October 9, 2009 at 4 pm Eastern time. Any teams that want to enter must have their entry form faxed or emailed to the Nelsonville Chamber of Commerce by the dealine.

Once again a plea for certified judges. We are aproximately 30 short for Saturday, if certified judges have not signed up we will start taking general public

Maybe next year you could have a judges class on Thursday night. With the support we saw from the general public last year, I would think that there would be many people locally interested in becoming a certified judge. It would be a good thing for the cooks as well.

If the general public is going to be making up two thirds of the judging pool for this years contest all I can say is...................its time for fall off the bone ribs!

Well I have a helper for the contest. For some of the old timers at Nelsonville will remember Tom O'Connor who cooked with John Rumery of The Outdoor Cook. Tom is the guy who now owns my first Klose pit. While it's tempting to ask him to bring it we'll be cooking on a pair of FE's. So that means I not only have a runner but I also have somebody to help with meat trimming and the parsley boxes. That means more time for me to socialize. Now I just hope I can get the handicapped cart to keep a charge.

And does anybody have more details on the cook's breakfast? I was thinking if somebody like Old Dave could bring an Egg casserole I might be convinved to thaw a tenderloin out. Maybe somebody else has Fruit to bring and before we know it a few of the Brethren could have their own breakfast.

Smoke'n Ice would consider supplying "Maudee's" (our sponsor) own twist on a Cinnamon French Toast Casserole with Triple Berry Sauce and a dollop of sweetened cream cheese. That is, if Texans are allowed to participate!

I made an assumption that we were talking about Saturday morning!! Won't be in until noon on Friday.

Mack

Correction, we have 48 teams signed up for Nelsonville. Wow what a great feeling. Now to get everyone where they are happy. We are working on the war board today and playing with our little cards and moving them around. Trying to meet everyones requests.

"The Mine Tavern" is honored to be considered the official BBQ Team watering hole. Tim, the owner will be ready for everyone. I told him we should start showing up Thursday evening. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

I do not envy you with having to place everyone.....even with utilizing all of the extra area it is going to be a interesting feat......Thanks for all of the work that you guys have put into this.....and a big thanks to the sponsors who decided to back the contest 1,000%......Hopefully the town is ready for the crew that is going to be rolling in......

Glad to see some tings don't change.

Better bring the red flannels and maybe an umbrella. At least it may not be an all day rain.

Thu
Oct 15

11.gif

Few Showers

53°
33°

30%

Fri
Oct 16

11.gif

Showers

48°
32°

50%

Sat
Oct 17

11.gif

Few Showers

51°
30°

30%

Sun
Oct 18

32.gif

Sunny

54°
30°

0%

Hey That Forecast looks real familiar!!! Rob,, Good Thing you cooked the HD to get your practice in,, Man!! Sleeves two weeks in a row,,hahaha
Wish we could make this one

Tell Tim and Joli at the MINE Tavern "We be coming"

Rob whats this I am hearing about Sleeves ?????????

Correction, we have 48 teams signed up for Nelsonville. Wow what a great feeling. Now to get everyone where they are happy. We are working on the war board today and playing with our little cards and moving them around. Trying to meet everyones requests.

"The Mine Tavern" is honored to be considered the official BBQ Team watering hole. Tim, the owner will be ready for everyone. I told him we should start showing up Thursday evening. I look forward to seeing everyone this weekend.

Back