Official New Year's Grub Thread....

Dang... I want to visit some of you folks! :wink:

It looks like I might be having beer and carry out pizza. :biggrin:

Hope everyone stays safe! :wink:

Whipping up a batch of Hoppin' John and corn bread for new years day. New Year's eve might require a nice restaurant. :)

Brisket is the only thing I know for sure now. Maybe some shrimp kabobs. Not a lot of time to cook due to our having church tomorrow evening...

Taking some bacon wrapped Jalepeno Vienna Sausages, moink balls and some smoked sausage to a friends house along with some really cold beers!

Scott

New years Eve - London Broil with fresh green beans, baked taters and salad.
New years Day - Black Eyed Peas with pork chops and jalapeño corn bread.

With both boys going to parties the wife and I will man the fort and suffer with:
Sam Adams Light, Wine coolers, bloody mary's, Asti Spumanti.
Grill and smoked shrimp, Rumaki, stuffed mushrooms, spicy garlic parmesan wings, fresh guacamole, hot spinach/artichoke dip, and assorted cheeses and crackers.
Then toast midnight in the hot tub and maybe...bow chicka bow wow!:icon_blush:

For New Years day it's standing prime rib roast (10 lbs.!)

Then it's 3 months of DIETING!!:eek:

Everyone have a great (and safe!) New Years Eve and 2010 !!

Makisushi, barasushi, inari sushi, soba, oden (Japanese stew), Kuromame (sweet black beans), pulled pork, teriyaki chichen, tamago roll, home made kamaboko (fish cakes), cole slaw (no mayo), chips, dip, beer

Just a big old bowl of black eyed peas cooked with onions & a smoked pork shank. Served with Southwestern corn bread.

I'll try to eat enough to bring good luck to all the Brethren.:-D

Just a big old bowl of black eyed peas cooked with onions & a smoked pork shank. Served with Southwestern corn bread.

I'll try to eat enough to bring good luck to all the Brethren.:-D

Thanks!! I think we "ALL" could used some "Good Luck"

Change of plans for me... I'm making a big pot of shrimp gumbo.
Tomorrow will be hoppin' john, greens and jalapeno cornbread.
Hope everyone has a great new years eve!

Change of plans for me... I'm making a big pot of shrimp gumbo.
Tomorrow will be hoppin' john, greens and jalapeno cornbread.
Hope everyone has a great new years eve!

Jeannie Dont forget the Kaskaskians! Everybody have a safe holiday....

I have no idea yet, but I dont think I will cook much. Cooked a hell of allot of food for Christmas, and I dont want more famly coming over.

just snacky things
andouille moink balls(a new idea),chix tamales,abt's,possibly riblets,crab stuffed mushrooms,deviled eggs,& a few adult libations.

Got a full ham I'm double smoking to take to a party tonight and tomorrow we are doing another cold (10*) smoke of brisket, pastrami, couple of pork butts and three slabs of baby backs... Maybe I'll even sneak in some spam!!!

Will watch New Years through the Back of my eyelids tonight. Tomorrow we are celebrating our Christmas as the whole family is around then. Will be very special with our first and only Grandson- 2 1/2 months and is already turning over. We will be having a 5lb beef tenderloin and Australian cold water lobster tails. Hope all has a Great New Year. Be safe

4233013444_22c1c7492d_b.jpg

Here's our dinner pron. Some thick arse ribeyes, crayfish on roids, sweet tater, and a jicama salad. Mrs. Brisket had some cupcakes going and a few cold Shiners
Nice and bloody rare........just like I like my steak!
4232242659_35706ef1f8_b.jpg

We're having a few friends over for Seafood Gumbo, Moink Balls (MrsMista is gonna make them) and Pecan Pie Cheesecake. Oh and a few adult beverages...

I didn't get my invite! Wait here, I'll go check again.

NUTZ

Last edited:
Back