Bought Another 22.5 WSM. So Shiny New.

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
So this one technically isn't for me. Wife and I are getting it for our twin nephews (her brother's kids) who's 13th bday is later this month and we'll visit them down in FL. They also have 2 other siblings so a family of 6.

We bring our cookers down a bunch for times like Memorial day and around the holidays and the twins have taken a liking to smoking so if I get this for them I don't have to lug anything down anymore other than meat. So again I reiterate it is for them..........:becky:. They've been smoking on their Kettle after I showed them how this last Memorial day so they should be stoked to get this. Then I can just sit on my butt and drink as they cook :clap2:

Had been scouring CL for a good used one and then wife said let's just get them a new one. Was about to order it online, but saw Ace carried the 22 so snagged it this morning along with some starter cubes for them.
Qky8j0sl.jpg

YznDz0Zl.jpg

AmvNOx9l.jpg

opHOZmAl.jpg

I sold my last one to a buddy a year ago, so not gonna lie slightly tempted to fire it up :caked:

We'll bring a bunch of meat down and some charcoal and wood to get them started.

Last edited:
Yes, for them: "Boys, watch how your Uncle cooks these ribs. No, don't touch that."

Last edited:
Yes, for them: "Boys, watch how your Uncle cooks these ribs. No, don't touch that."

Ha :caked:.

They actually fish since they are near the beach and clean and cook them along with other things for dinner so luckily they should take to it nicely. This last Memorial day somewhere in this thread I showed them how to smoke on their weber and I only helped a little
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260585&page=4

They also ate the eyes and brains of a pig head with me and always request I bring one down :-D

You should go ahead and buy them a Vortex Plate as a X-Mas present and turn that WSM into a Hunsaker. :p

Ha, ya I hear ya. But something I shouldn't teach them is how to let this hobby violently hemorrhage money from your bank account :doh:. Just be happy with the smoker(s) and smoker accessories that you have..........:twitch:

Ha, ya I hear ya. But something I shouldn't teach them is how to let this hobby violently hemorrhage money from your bank account :doh:. Just be happy with the smoker(s) and smoker accessories that you have..........:twitch:
A plate is only $55 and while you're at it a lid hinge is $57.

If I remember correctly they live in New Smyna right? If they do I'm sure they surf maybe they could get their favorite Uncle a used Longboard to learn on. :mrgreen:

A plate is only $55 and while you're at it a lid hinge is $57.

If I remember correctly they live in New Smyna right? If they do I'm sure they surf maybe they could get their favorite Uncle a used Longboard to learn on. :mrgreen:

.......don't give a mouse a cookie...........

Ha :caked:.

They actually fish since they are near the beach and clean and cook them along with other things for dinner so luckily they should take to it nicely. This last Memorial day somewhere in this thread I showed them how to smoke on their weber and I only helped a little
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260585&page=4

They also ate the eyes and brains of a pig head with me and always request I bring one down :-D

Dang Uncle Jason! Great thread! Those Nephews are in High Cotton! :thumb:

Cool Uncle Award!!!:thumb: I wish I had someone interested.All my bunch wants to do is eat what I cook.:sad: I still have hope for my little buddy( Grandson) when the baseball brainwashing my dear daughter and his father implemented upon him wears off.

Cool Uncle Award!!!:thumb: I wish I had someone interested.All my bunch wants to do is eat what I cook.:sad: I still have hope for my little buddy( Grandson) when the baseball brainwashing my dear daughter and his father implemented upon him wears off.

Since they are so into this it was a no brainer. Even if they fall out of it or get busy with school it is still there for when we visit :mrgreen:. Hopefully they will always be cooking q.

Back